Help with whats wrong with engine.....

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Don't mean to disagree with anyone but if you listen close it comes and goes sign of lifter trying to pump up but can't enough to keep valve open :!: :!: But what do i know i like ''MOPARS'' :?: :?:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 08-22-2009, 08:23 PM
myfordroars
APPRENTICE

Mopar we both love you anyways so stop being a brat.... we dont' think you are stupid just was giving you a hard time....Geesh!

Dirkas real expertise is body stuff, he holds his own on engines and trannys for sure, he just wants to help this guy get it running.... and the guys run outta people to ask and Im sure money....
Old 08-22-2009, 09:06 PM
myfordroars
APPRENTICE

ok mopar we dont love you, we don't know you but the nicest way i can put this is simple.... stop being a big puss.... grow up.... you sound like a whiner EVERY TIME you say im just a mopar guy blah blah blah sorry i had to,,,, im not good keeping things to myself
Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 PM
thor1701
APPRENTICE

just fyi, i might tell ya the make and model of the engine and whatnot
its an 88 chevy cavalier 2.0l TBI OHV engine and i'd like to thank dirka for helping me out with this, i know my way around an engine mostly, i mainly work on my ford explorer truck, this is a friends car and im stuck takeing him to and from work, and im at a loss to find out what makes the noise
i have checked the rods and pistons by pulling off the oil pan, wich wasnt fun, the rods are in one peice the bearings have a very slight give to it but not enough to make the noise it makes, the noise comes from the middle to upper engine
so if anyone knows anything about the kind of engine i have, that would be great hence why i tell what kind of engine i have
im trying to keep it running just for a short while, why my friend saves up for another car, and i would do cash for clunkers or even junk it for money, but i dont have the title beacuse we were bought it......and we didnt know we had to have it smoged befor we paid for it, i live in cali
so laws are funny
Old 08-22-2009, 10:42 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Piston pins
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
thor1701
APPRENTICE

here is the vid with the valve cover off i didnt notice anything wrong other then the noise, and the smoke was beacuse some of the oil was getting on the outside of the engine and burning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et0nayygnR4
Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

It kinda looks like there might be something with the #1 cylinder. From what I could see of it I kinda noticed some jumping on the rocker arm for the exhaust valve. But It could be just my eyes too.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 PM
thor1701
APPRENTICE

would it tell you guys anything if i did a compression check on each cyl? a friend gave me a checker and just told me to pull one of the sparks, turn it on and stick the thing in where the spark was
Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Yes it might. But you want ot make sure to disconnect the coil first. That way it will only crank but not start.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:12 PM
thor1701
APPRENTICE

ok i have to say i have no idea how to do that lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -