Against drag racing

Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

get out there and race sportsman et, have a blast and if they dont like it the hell with them!!!!!!!! a lot of people have told me there first cars or trucks they raced were there funniest times, the faster you go the more it cost, but you dont have to go fast to have fun
Old 03-13-2009, 10:11 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Against drag racing

Originally Posted by shybx1969
Im 46 yrs old ive always wanted to drag race, never had the money w/kids wives... but i bought a new gt stang last year, and i want to occasionally race at the drag strip... and all i hear is negative,negative from friends and coworkers!!!!!Too expensive,waste of $$$$$ too dangerous blah,blah,blah, economy too tight!!!!Whatever happened too having fun and enjoying life...Kinda gets too me afterwhile!!!! Am i a bad guy or what!!! sure if i had the $$$ ide build a 10 sec car but i cant afford it...thats another one i hear it aint worth it to go 13 sec and over... Is it wrong for me too have a little fun guys???? :cry: :cry:

I say get new friends, theres plenty more at the track.

Go for it dude, we'll help you every step of the way, dont hesitate to ask.

These same so called friends of yours probably have 20K invested in golfing accessories.
Goodluck! Cp
Old 03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

NEGATIVE PEOPLE MAAAAAAN.................BAD KARMA
Old 03-13-2009, 10:42 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Go to thhe track you'll find more friends at the track than you'll ever lose for doing it take you wife get her involved you'll both love, it's called a family sport just for that reason. I've raced since i was 16 yrs. old with a few breaks, just clicked over 70 and almost ready to go again this yr. and can't wait to get there.

Zip.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Thanx guys i needed a boost!!! I guess people are just nozy!!! They dont have a life so they have to bug people like us!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:19 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

it,s your life, don,t let someone else live it for you, if it,s truley what you want, then go for it, hammer down. jmo.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

their just jealous, haters :evil: :shock: :wink:
Old 03-14-2009, 06:49 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

racing and cars are a way of Life...

you can't tell a heavy smoker they should quite cause them Cigs cost 5 buck a pack !..they will laugh at you.

maybe not the best comparison.........bottom line don't go ask a hair dresser how to build a house.... :roll: ...oppps there i went again.

i think you get the picture....its in your blood or its not. us true Hotrodders has never hinged it on $$$$$ first.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

"If I gotta explain it to ya, you wouldn't understand anyway"
Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Against drag racing

How many of these friends have golf club memberships, fishing or speed boats? You can drag race on the cheap and have a blast. The trouble with racing is it seems you always want to go faster and then it gets a little more expensive. But, you'll enjoy yourself and meet some great people that enjoy the same hobby. It's a family sport so you can get the wife involved too. She may want to try it out also, then you're a crewchief until you get her a car of her own!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -