TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I believe the original post was what's ethical and what's not. I watched this thread all day, and a lot of people had different ideas. I've been here about 3 yrs. and have made a lot of friends who i value very much. I bought parts from people on here, and told them i would take them and would send a check out tomorrow, some of these people have sent the parts that arrieved on the same day that the check arrieved, others have sent parts to see if they would work and if they did send them a check. Fortunately i haven't been screwed by anyone and i would never think of screwed anyone. If i had been i may feel differently about this question. I hate a thief and am dealing with one who lives 15 miles from me right now. I sold him a short block for $1200.00, he only had $900.00 at the time, that was in March, he said i'll pay you the bal. next week, it's now 7 months and no bal. he's ran the motor all summer. He's also the Mayor of a small town 15 miles away. Will i ever get my money? hopefully. Now i feel for the original poster who got screwed, but i could not stoop as low as the one who screwd him yrs. ago.
I would just let him know how i felt and refuse to deal with him, unless i really needed to sell the parts he wants. If that were the case i would go ahead and sell the parts, but also mention that he did screw me in the past, which i'm not happy about.
Let you concious, be your guide, you have too live with yourself.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:51 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Zip that is what i was saying in sorts i had the pleasure to tell this guy that i wouldnt sell to him because i trusted him and he got me on my parts when it came down to it i was out a more expensive set of valve covers plus the shipping but today justice kinda .

I feel for the man and it is a tuff call but like you said you have to live with yourself and you want to feel good about your choice trust yourself and god.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah ''Patterson'' I sure have been had alot of people here know's what happened, I lost three carbs, but oh well their gone, But as we all know Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong :!: :!: Don't live in the past :!: :!: Either sell or just Ignore him :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Conscience

My thought all along has been to just simply not do business with this person. I wanted to get some opinions on possibly helping some of the many people that got screwed. Believe me, many sites, many people. I wrote off the past long ago, but this person is one of the many Energizer Bunnies who keeps on doing the crime and NEVER does the time. I think it would be hilarious to put them in their own shoes for once, but I am just not that guy. As I said in my previous threads, my word is my word and even sweet revenge can't change that. There are a ton of great people out there who are a pleasure to deal with, so I will wait to sell to one of those people. Until then, it will remain a garage ornament.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:47 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Let 'em slide :!: :!: When hell freezes over :!:

If you stop and analyze this correctly (IMO), this is an outstanding balance for products provided.

How many of you use electricity from your local power company? Do you buy groceries in the grocery store? Fill up at the local gas station? I want you guys that don't believe the guy should be held RESPONSIBLE for his actions to try this experiment.

Go into the power company, the gas station and the grocery store. Write checks for your stuff, let them bounce and count how many just tear up the check because they are not "at your level". Go in the next month and pay again using checks (if they will take it), if it clears, you can bet your last buffalo nickel that the previous balance will come right off the top.

Don't make your truck payment for three months, I am sure the bank will just forget about it.

If someone doesn't want to do business with me because I have an "eye for an eye" attitude, then so be it. What I do know is if I am EVER given the opportunity to recover anything stolen or conned from me, I WILL! Traderguy,if you are reading this, I have some stuff to sell, just send me some cash :!: :x
I can guarantee you I wouldn't lose one wink of sleep, in fact I would sleep better knowing I recovered my money/goods.

I have no idea how, or why a person would feel guilt in recovering their stolen property or stolen money. We work way to hard here to just let some thief take our money and then pat him on his back and load him up with forgiveness.

Like I said, nothing more than a business transaction.

I really have alot of respect for everyone that has posted on this matter, I just have my opinion and you have yours.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:14 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I don't want to be mis-understood, in this matter: IN NO WAY, DO I SUGGEST CODDLING, OR FORGIVING A THIEF. I AM NOT A "TURN THE OTHER CHEEK" KIND OF GUY, PERIOD.

I also believe in karma, I just have other methods for getting even is all, y'all have your ways, I have mine. I believe the first chance to get even, ain't necessarily the best chance, and if it ain't the best chance, karma will provide a guy, with another oppurtunity. Im a firm beliver in an old Sicilian proverb: Vengeance, is a delicious dish, best served cold.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

i would say karma is at work here, this azz seems to have screwed over enough people that he cant even remember who he has delt with . I would have him send his money, then do the honest thing and send him back the difference with a statment of funds distributed on his account. rudy said it best ( let it slide when hell freezes over) . that goes for little boys that write notes crying about how crappy there life is and justify screwing a guy out of a dist . :evil: no sympathy for deadbeat scammers with me :evil:
Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

The fact that the original post has been made & the author is considering all of the options prior to acting makes me respect him a great deal. Can't tell you how many times I have made a bad thing WORSE b/c of a spiteful spirit of revenge... It is my humble opinion that the word "karma" is the handy work of the devil & God depending on the application... just like "Lucky" to me really translates to "blessed". The fact this situation has wound up back in the hands of someone who got ripped off is a part of a larger plan... you can call it Karma, or whatever you want. Bottom line is, don't blow this. Follow your heart & I am serious... pray about it. I GUARANTEE the answer will come out... maybe one you never even thought of. This is an opportunity for growth beyond what appears at face value.