First time out.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default First time out.

Guys I got my 69 camaro to the track for the first time this past weekend. 2 long years of hard work and time finally came down to this weekend.
The car ran great first pass was 6.01 w/ a 1.41 short time. It got loose about half track and come to findd out I got a hole in the tranny cooler and fluid leaked on the track and obviously got on my rear tires.
Back in the pits I cleaned up the mess and looped the lines and bypassed the cooler just to make a few more test runs, I know bypassing the cooler wasnt the good idea but I cooled the tranny down really good after each run with a big fan and let it sit plenty between runs also ( about an hour) before making any more passes.
I ran it three more times with the best pass being a 5.81 w/ a 1.34 sixty foot. The last three passes were all with three hundreths, with a 5.83, 5.82 and a 5.81 all footbraking with no transbrake. So it's definetly in the heat.
I definetly feel like there is more there and being how hot and muggy it was I know the jetting wasn't as close as it should be so I'd say that maybe there's some 5.70's in the future with some good air and milder temps.
Hopefully by next weekend I'll get all the bugs worked out of it and get to run in the program and compete. I cant wait to win some races and put the 69 in the winners circle.
I'll keep ya'll updated, Charles
Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Very nice first time numbers. Congratulations...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:05 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Good show Charles, wish i could have been there.

Zip.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:02 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I bet that felt good after 2 yrs of hard work and money, CONGRATS
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Charles, good deal. I did not realize you had a 69 Camaro... for some reason I thought it was a Nova. Anyways, glad you stayed out of the wall on the tire/oil spin. She's got some snort...
Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Hey Charles, good deal. I did not realize you had a 69 Camaro... for some reason I thought it was a Nova. Anyways, glad you stayed out of the wall on the tire/oil spin. She's got some snort...
I have been driving a nova for a friend for the last three years and I still will drive it from time to time, possibly thinking of switching one of them to a box car and races 2 classes, nothing like double dipping...lol
Thx for the replies!
Charles