Converter or planetary>?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Well guys it was the plantaries, I crumbled them suckers good.

Called Marco at Abruzzi racing and he qouted me a price of $175 plus shipping for the 1.76's gear set or $900 for the "better" straight cut 1.80's.

He said same thing as alot of you that at my HP level I'm pushing it with 176's but that he wouldnt be afraid to run them again, said they have about a 1/2 year life cycle in race trim so he said it was time for them to go anyway, no biggie. I had 2 full seasons on them.

For now I'm gonna low ball it and go with the 1.76's so I can get back to racing and save up and get the 180's later on.

Cp
Charlie, you're not kiddin anybody, i know what you're doing :!: You're building excuses for when Earl/sucidebomb, Me,and Jimmy Smith show up at Byhalia in June and call your butt out with our little sm/blk cars some weighing 3200lbs plus. I'm going too go up to the tower for a visit with Mike Franks (owner) and say Mr. Perkins, come out come out where ever you are. Just kidding my friend but we all plan to be there in June as of right now, Sucidebomb is going to run footbrake, Jimmy says he might, i'm running T'brake, so i can't kill you on the tree.

All in fun my friend, but i do look forward too all of us meeting and all because of RJ, a great site and dedicated to true racers, regulardless of a lot of BS that goes on here.

Zip.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Since you brought it up Zip. is there going to be anything going on lets say the beginning of July? I will be heading back east for a few days and might have to plan on being back there on a weekend.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Since you brought it up Zip. is there going to be anything going on lets say the beginning of July? I will be heading back east for a few days and might have to plan on being back there on a weekend.
Holly Springs has the most complete schedule and some awsome cars also, below is the shedule, you want be disappointed if you go too watch.

Look at the schedule.

JMO

Zip.
http://www.hollyspringsdragstrip.com/

http://www.hollyspringsdragstrip.com/
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
What gear set you selling for $799

Dave- hope he does not do it. There is a reason why BTE prices dropped. Ever since they made the move with production 3-4 years ago the quality of the gear set has greatly decrease. A lot of guys that were all about the BTE stuff have gone other routes.
I agree, he didnt think he was going to do it. Bascially if he did it was for a chance @ them Cases but sense TSI is making their own I doubt he will do it.

Has it only been 3-4yrs .. I was thinking 8-9 yrs when quality goes away. Its funny when you ask people in the "know" on converters "if ya want fast and good for 50 passes at a time keep buying BTE's" lol
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It may have been a little longer. I know the gear sets where the 1st thing to go south followed by converters. It's nice to be able to offer a cheap gear set but when they start breaking the customer doesn't blame the guy that builds the gear set but the guy that put it in the trans.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
It may have been a little longer. I know the gear sets where the 1st thing to go south followed by converters. It's nice to be able to offer a cheap gear set but when they start breaking the customer doesn't blame the guy that builds the gear set but the guy that put it in the trans.
I know he also dislikes the coan 1.80's he has had 3 come through with broken teeth on the gear set. I stuck a new set of TSI in mine last year because one coan had a slight chip in it, its now in my spare (yes I finally have a spare lol)

I am out the door trailer bound ..
Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default 1.80

OK,Guys been following this Post?
Its Time for G to put a New set of Standard Length 1.80 Planetaries Gearset in?Look like TSI!So hows got the Swingin DEAL?
What Happened to the Guy in Iowa that was Selling and building the Trans stuff?
I bought several things from Him,but memory is Not Working?
Lets here it?
Later
G 8)
Old 03-05-2010, 08:12 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

You may be thinking of Steve Oldani out of the Waterloo area. Steve is a regular user on DragRaceResults.com. He is a BTE dealer. As you can tell, I have lost interest in using their product but as for Steve, he offers fantastic customer service and is a very reliable individual.

Abruzzi is all we use from gear sets to valve bodies to pumps to converters. Trans Specialties is my next choice if I was not going to use Marco's products in our transmissions. I believe Marco and TS work very closely together with research and development of new products. They are both great companies that stand behind their work.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 1.80

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Its Time for G to put a New set of Standard Length 1.80 Planetaries Gearset in?Look like TSI!So hows got the Swingin DEAL?
Lets here it?
Later
G 8)
Like Shawn said Steve (transman) is the guy from Iowa super nice guy.

My trans guy has very good deals on gear sets the only issue he has is no CC machine. TSI stuff. I've had good luck with it.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 1.80

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Lets here it?
Later
G 8)
Thats Him!
THANKS! Guys.
Anyone going to the Expo this Weekend in St.Charles Il.?
Later
G 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -