What do you think about this, another ebay question

Old 03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default What do you think about this, another ebay question

I sold a couple of rims in seperate auctions, and guess I'm a bad guy. I tried to sell a complete set of early model z/28 rims a couple of weeks ago they didn't sell. So I dicided I would sell off the 2 1970 only rims. I run the very same auction on both rims. This is the auction link; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SA:MOTORS:1123
Not sure on how to paste it but there it is. That 1 is not the guy I have a problem with. He sent me a message that asked about both rims and I was thrown back as he only had bid on 1.
Here's the messages;
christine wrote:
hi its john just checking in did the rims get shipped yet ,what oter parts do you have iam working on several cars john

Hello John,
Yes and no. Both wheels were picked up this morning by my buddy at FedEx for delivery which will have them on their way Monday. And I will recieve your tracking # and send it to you. The no part, maybe is I think you misread the auction. Each auction was for only 1 wheel. It was easier to list the auctions the way I did. So you was bidding on only 1 wheel. If you want, either email or call me and I'll see if I can stop him from shipping yours Monday and refund your money. Sorry that I did not write it clear enough for you. 2 weeks ago I was selling 5 total with both these in the set with all trim piece that was new and they didn't sell so I was breaking them down to sell seperately. If it's any consulation I did include the original factory trim ring that could be brought back and 2 center caps. 1 like new, 1 original faded with the raised bowtie on it. You was a higher bidder and since I wasn't going to use them I thought I would include them. I had stated in the auction that they didn't come with the wheels. My name is Breck and my phone # is 479-xxx-xxxx. As far as other parts go. I do have some as I have 4 cars but some are not as rare as others. I had a 2x4 crossram when I was 18-20 and sold it for $700 to a collector thinking I was doing great back then, LOL. I wish I could go back and tell myself to hang on to it. Thanks Breck

yes refund money thats not fair if i dont receive a refund ill see you in court it was not stated 1 wheel in add .this is a non cool way. of selling products i dont understand these methods of sale.its not right and im sure it is no legal .take care of this mater so we dont have to wast our time in further legal arraingments john !
I'm kind of at a lose, as I thought they were clear in the description. I did offer to send his money back, but damn he sent back the hate mail. I was trying to be nice and don't feel I'm in the wrong at all. I will send his money back but think I'll make him wait a week. I just got a hold of my friend and he has put the wheel into the system, but says he can take it out. So does everyone thing I used the wrong wording with this? Thanks Breck
Old 03-09-2008, 03:36 PM
MyFairLady
SHOW GUEST

Default Z28 rim

There are clowns on every website (including this one). Your wording is fine & clear as a bell to anyone who can read. I wouldn't send his money back until you have your rim back, because you'll never see the rim if you count on him sending it back to you. It's perfectly legal under eBay terms to keep his money & let the deal complete as it stands. He'll neg you on your feedback, but you can respond to the negative feedback & neg him back. Knowledgeable buyers can decide who's goofy. Good luck!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:53 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Ebay has a bunch of people that dont read anything ! I am still in the middle of a dispute with one of them.

I'd not refund him his money no way no how ! It cleary says 1 wheel.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:48 PM
68bbnova
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

The only thing I would have questioned you on, after reading the auction for the other rim, is which auction was for the one with the small bend? Both auctions mentioned the bend, on one rim :!: :?:
Old 03-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

TOUGH CALL.you sort of contradicted yourself...you did say 1 rim only...that is very clear..but then you go on to talk about both of them needing painted etc...I don't think you were deceitful at all. Could have been worded diferently though.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Sounds clear to me, I think the buyer has limited reading comprehension? :?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Ebay has a bunch of people that dont read anything ! I am still in the middle of a dispute with one of them.

I'd not refund him his money no way no how ! It cleary says 1 wheel.
I think I would only refund it if the next highest bidder was willing to buy it.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:20 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Well, I have got the rim stopped. So I will not have to eat the shipping cost both ways. I believe he has a limited reading ability. I try to be honest on all autions and everything I sell. I will contact the next highest bidder on the part though to see if they are interested as Ebay has already got there money for this. I should of said the highest bidder between the 2 auctions would get the rim without the bend. As that is what I did anyway, and this guy was getting the better rim. If he had wrote me back that he did not understand the auction, and thought he was really bidding on both rims, I would have already refunded his money. The reply I got was not called for so I will wait until this coming weekend to refund his money. He's a 0 feedback buyer anyway and I was taking a chance that he would not even pay. This turned out worse. I will from now on add in my auctions no one under 10+ is to bid unless they contact me first. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 AM
JPdustnya72
APPRENTICE

Default ebay

Hi
I have been doing ebay for years and their are people there that have learned how to GUILT nice people and honest people to give them what they want. YOUR AD WAS CLEAR AND THAT IS YOUR PROTECTION AND EBAY WILL BACK YOU EVEN IF DO NOT WANT TO REFUND. HOLD YOUR GROUND WITH THESE NUM NUTS THEN BLOCK THEM FROM BIDDING ON YOUR STUFF IN THE FUTURE
Old 03-17-2008, 06:23 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WHEN YOU SHOW A PIC OF 2 WHEELS PEOPLE ASSUME THERE ARE 2 NOT 1- ops: --THEY DON'T BOTHER TO READ THE ADD AT ALL---NEXT TIME JUST PIC 1 ITEM AND DO YOU ADD LIKE YOU DID[CAUSE THIS MAN PROVED THEY DO NOT PAY ATTENTION AT ALL!!!!!!!!!] :cry: :cry: --AT LEAST YOU DID NOT LOSE THE WHEEL AND THE MONEY :lol: :lol: -LIVELY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -