It's time for the UnChristmas season to start !

Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...6671&catid=188

-----------------
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
To be totally honest since I have been gone from home during ALOT of holidays they have all turned into just a normal day for me. Right now it dont matter if it is a holiday or not I still have to put in a normal 12 hour work day. Yeah I choose to be out here but like I just said in all honestly it is just a regular day even if I was in the states.
I hear ya Dennis! I am gonna enjoy a 3 day weekend (2 of them paid) just kicking back with the wife, having xmas dinner with my grandparents and a few cold ones. There are no gifts exchanged, just time spent with loved ones. Thats my meaning of xmas...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-21-2010, 09:11 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i might just be getting old but christmas has lost its charm. over heard a conversation between to moms at walmart on the fact that they had gotten there kids razor scooters rc cars been to some close store and got some name brand clothes but would ruin the kids christmas if they didnt get the ps3 rock band insterments game and controlers with the charging base what the f$#@ is the world coming to
Old 12-23-2010, 08:13 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://radio.foxnews.com/2010/12/21/...istmas-banned/

------------------
Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
i might just be getting old but christmas has lost its charm. over heard a conversation between to moms at walmart on the fact that they had gotten there kids razor scooters rc cars been to some close store and got some name brand clothes but would ruin the kids christmas if they didnt get the ps3 rock band insterments game and controlers with the charging base what the f$#@ is the world coming to
You & me both dragon. What happened to the good ol days???
Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
You & me both dragon. What happened to the good ol days???
I'll tell you what happened. IT'S THE PARENTS. My parents and your parents told us what Christmas was and that it was also a special time of the year to spend with family and friends. What it is today is about buying stuff.
I have gotten to the point where I like Christmas more than I use to.
It's not about gifts for my family, it really is about seeing everybody. Maybe we should have drawn names from the forum so we could have sent gifts to each other and that would have made it seem like Xmas for us. lol
BTW, I hate the term Xmas.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

heck when i was a kid we cramed 20 people in my granparents little house kids played after the meet and greet the women cooked and guy shot the chit and watched tv around noon had christmas dinner and then hung out sometimes gifts where in morning sometimes afternoons around 5 ish everyone left and gift wise at thanks giving adults would draw names to see who they bought for and as kids if we got one thing we really wanted we were the luckiest sob's on earth this year had dinner on 24th with uncle amd on christmas kids got what gifts we could get and we just sat back and relaxed. none of the rest of my family didnt even try to call but in away its ok theres bad blood between them and my uncle and the fact that we moved but thats not my issue to solve got my uncle and my family on here so im good
Old 12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well we all seem to know what Christmas is really about. Like Wabbit said, the parents have to carry the tradition & the meaning on correctly. When it becomes about the newest cell phone or a new PS3... & not about Jesus, we have lost the meaning & have little spoiled brats running around thinking it is their birthday... sad. There is a balance though; giving & receiving. I got a 150.00 cert from Summit from my Pop... pretty cool. But he also would have given me a whoopen back in the day had I disrespected the true meaning of Christmas.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well we all seem to know what Christmas is really about. Like Wabbit said, the parents have to carry the tradition & the meaning on correctly. When it becomes about the newest cell phone or a new PS3... & not about Jesus, we have lost the meaning & have little spoiled brats running around thinking it is their birthday... sad. There is a balance though; giving & receiving. I got a 150.00 cert from Summit from my Pop... pretty cool. But he also would have given me a whoopen back in the day had I disrespected the true meaning of Christmas.
The best thing we got for Christmas? I have plowed my neighbors driveway since the day I moved in every time it snows, its no big deal, takes me about 10 minutes and I have never asked for or charged him anything. He and his wife are in their 70's, all 3 of his kids live out of state. One of his boys came over Christmas day (after it had snowed 6") and gave my wife a box of homemade cookies, really made her day. That evening when we decided to eat a few, to our surprise there was a thank you card in the box, a nice little note from all the boys thanking us for keeping an eye on their parents and a $150 Wal-Mart gift card! My wife was in tears, she couldnt believe it. She says it was the best gift ever and really made her Christmas day special.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:06 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
The best thing we got for Christmas? I have plowed my neighbors driveway since the day I moved in every time it snows, its no big deal, takes me about 10 minutes and I have never asked for or charged him anything. He and his wife are in their 70's, all 3 of his kids live out of state. One of his boys came over Christmas day (after it had snowed 6") and gave my wife a box of homemade cookies, really made her day. That evening when we decided to eat a few, to our surprise there was a thank you card in the box, a nice little note from all the boys thanking us for keeping an eye on their parents and a $150 Wal-Mart gift card! My wife was in tears, she couldnt believe it. She says it was the best gift ever and really made her Christmas day special.
There you go harbone, that's what Christmas is about and I don't mean the Wal-Mart gift card, but you already knew that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -