1055 rons terminator problems HELP please

Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by smiley2947
everything just came back from rons everything checked out okay. i have 12 line i have a filter on it but i took it off cuz i thought it was straving at top end yes they are suppose to be easy to tune i have a guy that has this setup on his rail and he cant figure it out either
WoW, that sounds unreal, but i realize it's not. I assume you have a front mounted fuel cell. It's also possible that you have an intake manifold leak which would cause choas. I personally don't like rons pumps, because he will never give you the flow rate, he only says it's within specs. I only use DSR,Enderle, or Hilborn pumps. I ran across this problem with a 514 Ford motor where it was doing the same thing that you seem to have a problem with. His is a 4.100 toilet bowl. I sold him a DSR -1 pump that i had as a spare and the car went from 5.78@118 too 5.61@123. In fact it broke everything on the car, rearend housing, trans, and after about 10 runs it blew the main webs off the stock block (i posted about it on RJ called Ford tuff or not) I,m not saying that you have a problem with the Ron's pump, but out of the 5 or 6 systems i worked with in the last 2 yrs. only one is still running the Ron's pump. I do have a friend a couple miles from me that runs a Ron's "0" pump on a 421" motor on alcohol (55 shoebox Chevy) that runs low 5.60's @2650 lbs and is very consistent.
Wish i was closer too you because i like B,block chevy "G" would love to tackle the problem that you are having. I've been running blown gas,blown alcohol, stacks injection, and for the last 10 yrs toilet bowls and i've never met the system i couldn't make run,
I'm hoping that your problem is a simple easy fix, but not being there it's just the things i can suggest that might find to problem.
See if you can borrow an Enderle or Hilborn pump and drive and try it. Ron's has that stupid drive lug on the pump so you would need the different drive system.

All just suggestions, hope they help.

Zip.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:12 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Rons

Zip,
I use a Rons (BILLET PUMP) its GREAT!I have 5,and 7 gallon gearsets,and it will pump in either Direction.I used a Enderle Belt drive last season,but I will drive it off the Jesel Belt this yr.
Wish He was closer,I'd swing by and pick you up JOHN,and we could Fix him up with the Issue!
I wish I knew someome In the area to help?

JUST Remember,.........?Check and Start with the BASICS!
Also a GOOD helper for you would be the Manuel that Rons sells,it has all TROUBLE Shooting,Installation Instuctions and settings.
I have 1 here that I could send you,but would like to have it back.
Heres my Info if you want to use it?
[email protected]
Later
G 8)
231 690 5075
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
smiley2947
APPRENTICE

i am running a enderle pump i have two pumps both are enderle one of them is 0 and the other is 0 1/2 . both have been checked and are good .. i am really lost i wish i knew someone that was really good in the area or could haul it to another close track
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
smiley2947
APPRENTICE

and the fuel cell is in the front and is higher than the pump i am really lost
Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Terminator

and the fuel cell is in the front and is higher than the pump i am really lost
Quick ?
Have you been threw that Valve-Train?,Lash,Springs,Leak-Down the Cylinders,ETC,.............?

Later
G 8)
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

i am running a enderle pump i have two pumps both are enderle one of them is 0 and the other is 0 1/2 . both have been checked and are good .. i am really lost i wish i knew someone that was really good in the area or could haul it to another close track
Good choice on the pump the 0-1/2 Enderle should pump 4.5/5.0 GPM@4000 RPM which is enough. I hope you're not running a loop line on the return (they suck and cause disturbance in the pickup flow)About the hard starting, if you turn off the igitation and close the fuel shutoff at the same time the fuel won't bleed back down and it should start easier. My Malibu with the 4.1 toilet bowl starts like a carb after it's been first started. I do have to crank it until the oil pressure is up and then flip the switch on when first started, but my pump is mounted too high. I don't have a gas primer on mine for starting. Just hang in there man we're going to get this problem solved even with distance and emails/pm's. You have a good system and you will like it once it starts acting right. Sorry i don't know anyone in VA. that running injection, but i did tune a person in WV. with a toilet bowl last yr and he loves it now (lot's of emails/pm's and phone calls from the track)

Zip.

Zip.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

i am running alcohol . the leakdown is 28% and i even changed the barrel valve maybe thinking it was bad. i do have a starting aid on it. but even after the car is warmed up its hard to start. and yes i have talked to james at killer rons. he said to start at 90 return pill and 33 jets but no luck
Good starting point, what is your starting routine each time ? Your blade gap should be set from 8-11 thousands, where is yours ? Does the car lay over after it leaves and then pick up and go ?

Next questions on the miss you have. What spark plugs, plug gap, timing, which coil and msd box ?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
smiley2947
APPRENTICE

blades are set from rons at 10 thousands . i shut the bottom off and pull the cable at the same time. what are you talking about when you say running a loop line. my return line comes out and comes straight to the top of the tank. the plugs are ngk 10 . the distributor is msd the coil is msd everything is firing right no missing or acting up just cant really tune it cuz the egt is saying its 1500 after a pass on the tale tell . and its hard to start. like this thing is done pissed me off that i am thinking about sellin the whole car. i have been trying to get it right since the being of march i have done lost out of points for the season . i dont know if the egt is right or just throwing a false reading cause at 1500 i think the headers would be cherry red and burn some stuff up
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 1055

In your first post, you said it missed at half track. You said it was hard to start. You said it was 1500 on EGT with alcohol carb too.

Was it hard to start with the carb too? Did it miss at half track with the carb too?

Rather than sell the car, I would just put a gas carb on it and use a bypass regulator. Maybe replace the pump with a electric one and use a dead head regulator.

Let someone else figure the injection out that wants to.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

blades are set from rons at 10 thousands . i shut the bottom off and pull the cable at the same time. what are you talking about when you say running a loop line. my return line comes out and comes straight to the top of the tank. the plugs are ngk 10 . the distributor is msd the coil is msd everything is firing right no missing or acting up just cant really tune it cuz the egt is saying its 1500 after a pass on the tale tell . and its hard to start. like this thing is done pissed me off that i am thinking about sellin the whole car. i have been trying to get it right since the being of march i have done lost out of points for the season . i dont know if the egt is right or just throwing a false reading cause at 1500 i think the headers would be cherry red and burn some stuff up
A loop line is a product that Enderle makes where the return line is run back into the pickup on the pump, in my opinion it interfers with the flow, but since you're back to the tank with the return line it's irrelavent.
I think the plugs are way too cold you should be running NGK 8's or maybe even 7's. You may be burning unburned fuel in the headers which would account for the high EGT. also the very cold plugs could contibute the the hard starting. 10's are more like for Nitro. Don't give up on the setup yet, the problem can be soluved.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -