How sweet it is....my new 69 camaro....FINALLY!

Old 07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
shaybliss71
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by MegaOlds
I always liked the 69 RS with the hidden headlights.

It looks nice and low, are you sure you don't have the motor and trans in there already. :lol:

Have fun !!!
Hey thanks. Yes I worked real hard gettin those hidden headlights to hide just right. Ha
Old 07-28-2010, 06:30 PM
shaybliss71
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by bowtie4542001
Nice ride, where in Ga are you located. I am in Douglasville, about 30 min west of Six Flags.

Chris
Hi Chris. Thanks a lot. Have you had your opal out yet? I live about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. My friends and I usually go to Commerce, Pairadise and sometimes Silver Dollar down south. and NO you cant drive it! Ha... :P
Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Bitchin ride dude.

I got a 69 myself.

Cant go wrong with a big iron either - my N/A 496 hauls the mail>Cp
Old 07-30-2010, 02:43 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Shaybliss71
Nice ride, where in Ga are you located. I am in Douglasville, about 30 min west of Six Flags.

Chris
Hi Chris. Thanks a lot. Have you had your opal out yet? I live about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. My friends and I usually go to Commerce, Pairadise and sometimes Silver Dollar down south. and NO you cant drive it! Ha... :P
I haven't got my Opel to the track yet, I am waiting on my alcohol carb and then I have to get some headers made. Its getting close though. Maybe we can meet up one weekend at the track.

Chris
Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

Sweet ride for sure.Love the paint scheme...I'll be checking back in to see the track times....Stay safe and keep her straight... :wink:
Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 PM
shaybliss71
JOURNEYMAN

Default Great

Chris
I haven't got my Opel to the track yet, I am waiting on my alcohol carb and then I have to get some headers made. Its getting close though. Maybe we can meet up one weekend at the track.

Chris
Sounds good Chris. I assume you head out to Commerce when you go? Several of my friends who race all get together and head out there several times a year.
We started droping in the motor today. Made some headway, but now its parts ordering time. I will hopefully have her ready to go and out for the first time around mid September.....I hope!
Let me know as you think you might be heading to the track and vs.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 PM
shaybliss71
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by traysvega
Sweet ride for sure.Love the paint scheme...I'll be checking back in to see the track times....Stay safe and keep her straight... :wink:
Hey..thanks a lot! Those utube videos you did are awesome! What set-up did you use to pull that off?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:03 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: Great

Chris

Chris
Sounds good Chris. I assume you head out to Commerce when you go? Several of my friends who race all get together and head out there several times a year.
We started droping in the motor today. Made some headway, but now its parts ordering time. I will hopefully have her ready to go and out for the first time around mid September.....I hope!
Let me know as you think you might be heading to the track and vs.
I will let you know. I sure do wish they had money trees though. It would make getting the money for the headers a whole lot easier
Old 08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Nice. Good stance, nice paint, etc... the 69 w/ RS front has to be one of the best looking muscle car front ends ever... this one sports it well.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:40 PM
MegaOlds
SHOW GUEST

Hey thanks. Yes I worked real hard gettin those hidden headlights to hide just right. Ha
I knew it was a fiberglass frontend, I like how they used a real grill, now all you need do is air brush paint the hidden headlight covers on there and it'll look stock.

Everybody usually puts a Z28 emblem on the grill but I think RS looks better.

I use to own a round tube chassis Nova that was real low like that, they run good on the track but avoiding bottoming out the chassis and the rest of the stuff under the car becomes a pain and is the only reason I sold that car.