Importing Cars To Australia

Old 07-28-2008, 02:52 AM
ako
SHOW GUEST

Default Importing a car

G'day John,Forget the PARANOID(i notice he used his own brand name to SELL his point)I'm in W.A. and used a guy in S.A. it was pretty painless.He can use his finance broker in the U.S. which got me a better rate of exchange on the dollar,he does the whole lot.American muscle Car Imports.Another avenue is Roly Laehy(check spelling) up in QLD.Both are drag racers and take a bit of pride in customers cars.NOT advertising for anyone just trying prevent a fellow countryman from getting touched up by some scamming prick on the other side of the planet.AKO.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:15 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Importing a car

Originally Posted by ako
G'day John,Forget the PARANOID(i notice he used his own brand name to SELL his point)I'm in W.A. and used a guy in S.A. it was pretty painless.He can use his finance broker in the U.S. which got me a better rate of exchange on the dollar,he does the whole lot.American muscle Car Imports.Another avenue is Roly Laehy(check spelling) up in QLD.Both are drag racers and take a bit of pride in customers cars.NOT advertising for anyone just trying prevent a fellow countryman from getting touched up by some scamming prick on the other side of the planet.AKO.
If you are refering to me, I'm not trying to SELL myself to anybody. I don't even ship my products overseas. I just see people getting scammed on here all the time.
I saw your previous posts. I would not question you or topfool. Because you both have been here awhile and have other input and questions on the site.
It's the people with only 1 or 2 posts that you have to watch.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
jeffchalker
SHOW GUEST

Default Importing car from states

HI
I bring in Cosworth cars from the UK
I have a friend called Steve White @ cargo online in Sydney
He is very good and does US to Australia as well all the time
Tell him Jeff Chalker gave you his number
here is their website for contact details
http://www.cargoonline.com.au/
regards Jeff
Old 07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I may just be some pee-on dude who frequents this site as a member, but slowmotion did nothing wrong.... he brings up a good point too, the Scams are thick here right now! Futhermore, he made a observation only... no harm done. In my opinion, if you are "butt-hurt" about his comment, perhaps you would be better off visiting the "Hemmings" or DuPont Registry website/chat room... maybe more your style. JMO
Old 07-05-2020, 09:11 PM
dolsonlelan
SHOW GUEST

Default RE: Importing Cars To Australia

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Australia has incredibly restrictive laws for this, designed to protect the local car industry and local car dealers. Cars imported here are subject to quarantine laws. You can import cars into Australia but you have to hire ACC customs clearance agents in Melbourne to help you with this task. In Australia many rules are available to ship any product. That’s why you need someone to order your product with hassle-free mind.

Last edited by dolsonlelan; 07-12-2020 at 01:30 PM.