insurance

Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 AM
lawdogarmymp
SHOW GUEST

Default insurance

Just wondering who you guys (gals) use to insure your ride? Do you let them know everything you got or just share the basics?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Full disclosure for me! I have it appraised by the local classic car lot (they are registered and licensed) give that along with a CD-Rom of very detailed pics of pretty much every inch of the car and a detailed wriitten description to my insurance agent. I have never had a problem and if I do any upgrades all he wants is a reappraisal. He also recommeneds getting it reappraised every 5 years anyway.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM
lawdogarmymp
SHOW GUEST

ok.. cool. My car is street legal but do plan on taking it down the track every now and again.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

It wont be insured going down the track on a regular insurance policy, just so you know.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Grundy!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
Full disclosure for me! I have it appraised by the local classic car lot (they are registered and licensed) give that along with a CD-Rom of very detailed pics of pretty much every inch of the car and a detailed wriitten description to my insurance agent. I have never had a problem and if I do any upgrades all he wants is a reappraisal. He also recommeneds getting it reappraised every 5 years anyway.

Grundy!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
lawdogarmymp
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by harbone66
It wont be insured going down the track on a regular insurance policy, just so you know.
i figured that....

I am looking at J. C. Taylor... cheaper quote than any other
Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I use progressive, they have antique and special interest insurance for delclared value amounts, they also dont mind my supercharger on the car! $60 every six months
Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Let me say this, i have a freind that has a very nice 67camero convert and had just rebuilt the hole car, race car, street car and mean mid to low 8s and was driving it to a show and a trans line let go an the car was on fire fast and did a little over 25000.00 in damange and was covered and he rebuilt the car again. The coverage was appraised for alot more and was only around 300.00 to 400.00 a year and depends on how much you drive. They will not cover your ride at the track nobody will! Grundy is who i went with after seeing and hearing this. I also have coverage with state frarm for towing.

Just do your self a favor and make sure you get what you want and if something dose happen they will cover your ride no matter what.

Good luck hope this will help.

Robert Fla.