fuse block/relay board

Old 06-23-2007, 04:50 AM
gmare588
APPRENTICE

Default fuse block/relay board

hi, i plan to be in the wiring mode on my top sportsman car in a few months (i hope!!) and will need a fuse block/relay board. i have bought the switch panel (tim mcamis nitrous switch panel). i am not planning on running any nitrous soon, but down the road i will.the 2 fuse /relay blocks that i am considering are;
painless perf#5001 8 circuit w 30 amp relay
race wiring 5 wire input 5 fused w/ 40 amp relays(www.racewiring.com)
both of these are about the same price.the painless fues block comes pre wired and has 8 vs 5 circuits.the race wiring block has a rely for all of the circuits where the painless has one.i guess that i could master mind up something else, but i want to get this done in a reasonable time frame.so i am looking for any helpful input and pro/cons on the above fuse/relay blocks. THANKS gary m
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I would go with the painless.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I looked at the spaghetti menders blocks at the IHRA national in Tulsa. Talked to the guys and they can custom build any block you need. Really nice stuff. Dob't know that it is any better that the painless I haven't used either one. I have wired quite a few cars and usually make up my own blocks. The spaghetti menders block looked to be propietary to their switch panel by using a parallel cable to do the hookup.

K&R also has a nice relay panel that you might check out.

Curtis