Looking for an inner cooler for Weiand 6-71

Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

ALSO CHECK THE DRAG BOAT AND POWER BOAT FORUMS, THEY RUN ALOT OF COOLERS, I SEE THEM FOR SALE ALL THE TIME, OVER THERE,
Old 05-21-2010, 03:06 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

its called a super chiller...heat is always been the issue with roots type blowers..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-21-2010, 03:23 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I will be the first to tell you , in this texas heat you will need some kind of intercooler or giant radiator to run a blower on the street, overdriven or underdriven.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

I agree Kieth, that is why I am looking at the options. As you know from the other post, I am starting to lean toward Alcohol. Since I have to redue the fuel system to convert to EFI, I thought might as well go ahead and convert to alky. Get the cooling effect of the fuel. But am getting mixed reviews from posts that I read about running alky on the street. The truck is only going to see limited street use, mostly is a mud truck (TOY). But would still like to drive is once in a while. To car shows for everyone to laugh at, or to work on BIG TRUCK FRIDAYS. Something like that. Plus hell I get the impression the hP gain won't be bad either.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

If you use gas

Find a super chiller and in the mud truck, plumb the cooler lines to the bed with a inline waterpump to a cooler tank, with either ice or dry ice.

If you run alky, you do not need to worry about this, The intake fuel charge will remain cooler properly tuned
Old 05-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

That was the big reason for me thinking about going over to alky, but I know nothing about it. I am trying to learn as fast as I can, but hard to really learn without practical knowledge. It is a bit over whelming but I am sure that I will figure it out. I have made the decision to run alky, now I just need to learn as much as I can before I start buying parts. Thanks to everyone that put there advice in here. It was greatly appreciated and also increased my knowledge base. That is a great thing. I love learning new things and engines to me are just interesting. Hope to learn a ton more from you all. Thanks again
Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 PM
CustomTanks
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by kwkracing
If you use gas

Find a super chiller and in the mud truck, plumb the cooler lines to the bed with a inline waterpump to a cooler tank, with either ice or dry ice.

If you run alky, you do not need to worry about this, The intake fuel charge will remain cooler properly tuned
X2
Old 05-25-2010, 05:14 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

One more thing from the old days for the ice in the cooler tank.
We would put salt in with the ice water to lower the tempeture - just like making ice cream. Cheaper and more available than dry ice.
Dave
Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Great idea oldandtired. I had not thought about that. I am going to go to Alky though. I do appreciate your input though. Thanks again to all that answered my questions. It is greatly appreciated.