Pinks

Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

2009 Scedule...

Feb. 28, 2009 No Problem Raceway Belle Rose, La.
www.noproblemraceway.com
Mar. 21, 2009 Texas Motorplex Ennis, Texas
www.texasmotorplex.com
Apr. 25, 2009 zMax Dragway Concord, NC.
www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/dragway
May. 9, 2009 Memphis Motorsports Park Millington, Tenn.
www.memphismotorsportspark.com
May. 30, 2009 O'Reilly Raceway Park Clermont, Ind.
www.oreillyracewaypark.com
Jun. 20, 2009 Maryland International Raceway Budds Creek, Md.
www.mirdrag.com
Jul. 11, 2009 U.S. 131 Motorsports Park Martin, Mich.
www.us131motorsportspark.com
Aug. 15, 2009 Pacific Raceways Kent, Wash.
www.pacificraceways.com
Sept. 12, 2009 Auto Club Famoso Raceway Bakersfield, CA.
www.famosoraceway.com
Old 12-02-2008, 03:43 AM
wrightway
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Watched Pinks all out marathon this weekend looks like they like 10 second cars to me. Hope i'm wrong.
My self I’m hoping your right

joe
Old 12-02-2008, 06:26 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Pinks?

WELL That SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Just seen that they were going to be @ Martin last night,so i go on to see about Registration for the Vega?
SOLD OUT.........
Well,i guess i realy didnt want to look @ that Cue ball Headed-POS anyway??????????
Later
G 8)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
wrightway
SENIOR BUILDER

Oh yeah i'll be there. Will be a good time no matter what. Watched Pinks all out marathon this weekend looks like they like 10 second cars to me. Hope i'm wrong.
beast477 what kind of car/times are you running?

joe
Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

wrightway, i've got a '65 Nova. Last year with a 477 BBC i was running 9.7's-9.8's in the heat. Right now i'm putting together a 540 hoping to run 9.0's at 2850 lbs. Shouldn't be a problem a buddy of mine with the same engine built by the same shop same specs is running 9.2's at 3400 lbs. Time will tell.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
bluefamilyracing
APPRENTICE

Default PINKS

NATE, ADAM AND CHARLES NO LONGER WORK FOR RICH....I WAS TOLD BY AGOOD SOURSE THAT RICH SHOWED HIS TRUE COLORS.....GREED!!! :twisted:
Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I probably shouldn't make this post about Pinks because i wasn't at Memphis the last time they ran Armdrop there, one week before the big show. But i was told by people who was there, that they didn't sell out, the clocks didn't work, except in one lane, Rich didn't show up until 3:00PM and the show was supposed to start at 1:00PM. He decided to pull all advertising logo's down and no recording of the event. He also decide to run without clocks and the first car to the finish line won. The person that relayed this to me runs 6.50's and went 2 rounds, but there was cars that could run 5.50's in the show and were braking every pass.
Like I said i wasn't there, but the 3 people that i know who was there were totally discussed at what happened there.
I sincerely hope he has his act together in 2009, because i thought he used to have a pretty good show.

Again i wasn't present at Memphis and am only relaying what i heard.

PS, the Pinks allout that you saw last weekend at Memphis on the marithon was not the armdrop show that i'm speaking of.

Zip.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Zip for what it's worth i saw Pinks All Out a couple weeks ago and it looked to me that they have all the timing clocks on in the tower so they can watch the times and speeds to see if guys are sandbagging. They also had guys stationed down track to listen for guys peddling thier cars. I did see a few guys get bumped out for peddling thier cars. So i guess we'll see what happens this year.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: PINKS

Originally Posted by bluefamilyracing
NATE, ADAM AND CHARLES NO LONGER WORK FOR RICH....I WAS TOLD BY AGOOD SOURSE THAT RICH SHOWED HIS TRUE COLORS.....GREED!!! :twisted:
From what I understand this is PINKS last season 2008. No more PINKS for 2009. They will just have PINKS ALL OUT and more of them plus the 1320x races. I have not heard that about Nate and the guys but I would not be surprised.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Zip for what it's worth i saw Pinks All Out a couple weeks ago and it looked to me that they have all the timing clocks on in the tower so they can watch the times and speeds to see if guys are sandbagging. They also had guys stationed down track to listen for guys peddling thier cars. I did see a few guys get bumped out for peddling thier cars. So i guess we'll see what happens this year.
The pinks allout show that was telivised was the spring show of pinks allout, the show that i was referring to was pinks armdrop show that was run around Sept. 20th, one week before the Nationals at Memphis, i talked to one of the people tonite who was there and adamately sticks to his story, no clocks, cars that could clearly run a full second below the selected ET range, in fact he said there was near fist-a-cuffs on the starting line, there are 3 local tracks and most people know what the cars are capable of running. Some may wonder how i keep up with tracks up in Ms. when i live in La. That's an easy explanation, i also have a house 40mi. south of Memphis and work (when i work) in Batesvile Ms. and spend a lot of time up there.
And i'm with you guys and hope pinks is better run in 2009. I see the 2009 schedule has moved to Bella Rose in 2009, last yr. it was at Red River, from what i hear the owner has chosen to not renew the lease to the past operator, and he says he's too busy to run it himself, and my local track has problems (Twin Cities), it's been for sale from the lease holder almost all yr. and the owners are thru court trying to take back the track. Jeez, this track is only 35/40 miles from my house, if it closes the nearest track is Baton Rouge, 130 miles away. I surely don't want that too happen.

Can't win i guess

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -