351 Cleveland 2v dog???

Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 AM
zcliff
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the info, I stop by Dave Pettit shop he is one of the good engine builders here in Mi.
Dave said he has a set of 4v head oval port and said for the most part they are over rated and poor performers.
Dave said I would have to change exhaust manifolds if I go to the stock 4 v heads, he also suggested that my 2v should run quite well and since it's not maybe the cam is wasted???
I am trying to keep this more original in appearance and would love about 350 to 400 hp max nice sound little lope. Just not sure I want to go the header route unless I have to get the pony's up. I wonder if I can run the 2v with maybe the holley 2v and get what I want??? new cam and etc as what was suggested. This car is so amazing to look at the last thing I want is some drag car, just a strong running and nice sound. It has some V-force mufflers on it now and they are so loud and I am looking at the flowmasters 70 series mufflers to knock down the interior noise.
Thanks again
Old 10-21-2012, 03:28 PM
sockos
SHOW GUEST

If it was my car and I was looking to bolt on HP I would add the following.
Aluminum intake and Holley 600/650
Headers
Install Comp Cams 268(Or similar)
Install True roller timing set.
Complete tune up including a distributor inspection
I think you will quickly get bored with that engine running a 2 barrel carb. I would also go with the headers even though thay aren't correct, and the intake you can paint blue if it makes you feel better.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM
zcliff
SHOW GUEST

I am all for making the motor pretty and would buy the polished intake, but I will keep the 2v heads after talking to several guys. They claim that the 4v heads valves are just to large unless I am going all out racing. Which I am not. The exhaust system is all new and keeping the stock manifolds ( which will be coated ) allows me to purchase the roller rockers and stuff. I was told my cam seems wasted the other day after my BL took it for a ride. So motor comes out very soon and then I will go thru everything.
Thanks I appreciate all your suggestions!!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

If you're interested, I have some good stuff remaining from a Mustang project. A set of matched D1ZE heads. The heads have been oven-cleaned, shot blasted, and wet mag checked. Bronze guides, hardened seats for use with unleaded fuels, competition 3 angle valve job, resurfaced to clean. Stainless steel 2.19" intake valves, 1.71" exhaust valves. These heads are excellent for strip/street use with pump gas. I also have a Ford Motorsports high performance timing set M-6268-A351, ARP rod bolts 154-6003, Moroso oil restrictor kit #22050, and a Fel Pro timing cover set TCS45061. These parts are BN in the original packages.
Both heads and parts: $900.00.

Skip Ohnmacht
(315) 343-6030 days
(315) 343-3666 eves