How do you keep from getting bored.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:42 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

It's not uncommon to get burned out.I've only been racing for 5 years,and spotty at that.I was there tooWhen i get bored with what i got i run another class.Even if that means slowing down.I ran some nostalgia classes for two years after i got bored with footbrake.Competition was easier and helped me regain some confidence.After that got to be a little too easy i moved on again.Past 2 seasons i've been running a heads up,pro tree index class.Had to slow the car down almost half a second,but the racing is intense.I couldn't afford to give my car away in todays economy,or change my equipment either.Is there a way to still race but be able to mix it up?you know,change the scenery,so to speak? Just my two cents.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:34 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I guess you can start posting drival like the person in the " Lovely thing in our life" thread......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM
tshideler
SHOW GUEST

I just took up knitting so I could knit a noose to hang myself if I ever give up racing :roll:
Old 08-31-2011, 04:37 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 482
Rabbit, even if you were never going to race again, would you really want to try and sell right now?
I would think you would take a beating on your stuff in this market! Even if you could sell it. I have noticed a lot of good cars still for sale. JMO
(not including the high dollar chevelle)
Now is the best time to sell a Pro Stock Mud racing truck. Several rollers have sold for 25k and another Pro Stock truck sold last week for 75k.
The top mud racing trucks are being bought and shipped over seas.
One of the top open class mud racers has build a few sand drag rails for the Al-Anabi racing guys. Even built a twin turbo truck (for the pavement) for one of 'em.
I guess oil is a pretty good market to own right now :wink:

All this sounds good, but if I sell I'll never put this much $ back into racing. Took me to long to get where I am and just don't want to completly quit yet.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:03 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Rabbit, I guess I didn't realize those trucks were selling that good right now! I reckon ya learn something everyday, like they say ops:
I'm kinda glad drag cars aren't selling quite that good or I may sell mine too! I am not sure if I want to yet either. Not trying to but, If I sold it, I would take the money and run, because I would end up spending it on another ride knowing me :roll:
Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 482
Rabbit, I guess I didn't realize those trucks were selling that good right now! I reckon ya learn something everyday, like they say ops:
I'm kinda glad drag cars aren't selling quite that good or I may sell mine too! I am not sure if I want to yet either. Not trying to but, If I sold it, I would take the money and run, because I would end up spending it on another ride knowing me :roll:
Not many can sell like that. The truck has to be a national winner / hold national records to do it. It's still a loose money situation and a very small market, but some guys do have the $ to pay for the fastest trucks. My truck is no where near as expensive as some are, but it can still run pretty good with any of 'em.

If I were better at building trucks I'd build 'em and sell em. I can set 'em up a lot better than my fabrication is.
I'd jump into building mega trucks and make a killing off the Florida boys if I had a big enough shop and a little help. The amount of $ being spent is crazy right now.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:42 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Rabbit, went to mud drags last night and you hit the nail on the head. These boys here are spending big bucks on all kinds of trucks.

I talked with a man that has a rail with 706 on alky with two stage nos that told me he used to drive super gas race years ago and went to mud and makes more money at mud drags than he ever made drag racing and also holds some records. I watch the rail go 1.6 in 200 feet and was bad ass.

Good luck with what ever way you go and have fun doing it.

I use to live right out side of Augusta on the road that lead into Fort Gordon, it was tobacco road.

Robert Fla.