Bad Deal with sr1105

Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by supergass
Listen Mr. Srauss if you like we can go to the car tommorow evening if you like to put your race car knowledge on the line for lets say....... travel expenses and I will prove to you that you are wrong about the axles. I know for a fact that they were bought as a package with new bearings and studs. I WILL TAKE THE AXLE OUT WITH YOU THERE!! Now the question is do you want to put your money where your mouth is?? It would have been better that you decided to keep quiet . Just speak up the car is still in Woodstock Ga. A forged steel race axle doesnt need a sticker on it to see it is a race axle. Be careful not to posture yourself to quickly to the ones on here that dont know better what is going on........YET!
stamped
Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by supergass
The rear has a brand new strange spool (33 spline) and a 1350 series forged yoke and 4:88 gears. The diagonal bar was in the car not on it . It had simulators in the place of the shocks for set up. There was no coil overs.
stamped.....just to keep the facts here from being edited
Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

GOOD IDEA MEM.

No way would I trade if I didn't like what I saw no matter how far they drove. It should have been worked out ahead but still...if I didn't want it I wouldn't trade. I do feel bad for the guy that towed that far for nothing. that sucks.

jmo
Old 11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
kgreene5572
SHOW GUEST

Below is the email I sent to Jeff prior to the trip being made and his answer to that email. Supergass is knowledgeable of the car and spoke to the actual builder of the car. The car is as stated.

Hi Kirt
Everything is a go and I spoke to your son to give him my address.
I will see him on sunday
Thanks Jeff

-----Original Message-----
To: mtstrauss <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Nov 18, 2010 3:09 am
Subject: 73 Camaro

Sir,
My son is currently scheduled to come up on Sunday. I am not sure how
long it will take to get there so depending on the time he will be
there Sunday night or Monday morning. The car is exactly as you see in
the photos. The front fenders are just mounted but not lined up or
shimmed. The hood will be put inside the truck. It is going to cost me
a good bit of money to bring it up so I want to make sure that you want
the car. I do not want my son having to drive up there and you tell him
you don't want the car. Please let me know if you have reservations
about the car. I believe I have answered all questions but if you have
more please ask before this trip is made. If you decide you don't want
the car please let me know before the trip is made.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:36 PM
kgreene5572
SHOW GUEST

All the pictures of the car are in my race profile. If anyone is interested in seeing it.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 PM
kgreene5572
SHOW GUEST

Jeff told my son he would not trade a $10,000 motor for a $500 piece of sh*t car but his ad stated he was selling the motor for $5000. There seems to be some conflicting info that he has stated. I don't mind he didn't want the car. What bothers me is that he told me it was a go and all was good prior to me having the car sent up there. Especially when I asked him to be sure. I believe there is something he isn't telling us and that is why he used the excuse about the axles and diagonal bar on the ladder suspension.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:18 AM
sr1105
SHOW GUEST

Default K Greene Is This Your Son or The Dad ?

This was one of my first responses to YOU contacting me
Hi and thanks for the reply
I would be interested, I have no way to get it (sold all my Trailers and truck) . You would have to come to me if you wanted to do something. If you are still interested let me know and I will send you pics.
Thanks Jeff
dated 11/05/10
Sent via Racingjunk
Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kgreene5572
Jeff told my son he would not trade a $10,000 motor for a $500 piece of sh*t car but his ad stated he was selling the motor for $5000. There seems to be some conflicting info that he has stated. I don't mind he didn't want the car. What bothers me is that he told me it was a go and all was good prior to me having the car sent up there. Especially when I asked him to be sure. I believe there is something he isn't telling us and that is why he used the excuse about the axles and diagonal bar on the ladder suspension.
Dont twist it, he didnt like what he saw and said "no", plain and simple. I would never tell anyone its a done deal over the phone or via email. Until I see what I am buying in person, put my hands on it and confirm its what the seller says it is, thats the only way its a done deal. Like I said before, you should have came to a verbal agreement on delivery expenses before you even went to him. The buyer was in a "nothing to lose" scenario in this case and walked away...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-23-2010, 06:37 AM
kgreene5572
SHOW GUEST

Well his origional complaints about the car are unfounded and not true so there has to be some reason he didn't want to trade. If he just bs me to think he really wanted the car just to get me to drive it to him then the guy is a douchebag. I have friends that live very close that were willing to prove to him that the car was as described but he has sidestepped those invitations.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kgreene5572
Well his origional complaints about the car are unfounded and not true so there has to be some reason he didn't want to trade. If he just bs me to think he really wanted the car just to get me to drive it to him then the guy is a douchebag. I have friends that live very close that were willing to prove to him that the car was as described but he has sidestepped those invitations.
He had the car in front of him, thats all the prove I think he needed...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -