Nyes Automotive

Old 11-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I just looked at their web site and they have some great deals. A budget/bracket 540 complete and dyno tested for just over 9 GRAND. you can't beat that with a stick.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:55 AM
onebads10
SHOW GUEST

Default nyes automotive

i have them building me a 434 sbc right now. i had talked to a few other people about building me the engine. after talking to Pat on the phone and how he was willing to work with me. i decided that he would be the one to build it and seemed very straight forward about everything. he said 3 to 4 weeks to build the engine.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:04 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: nyes automotive

Originally Posted by onebads10
i have them building me a 434 sbc right now. i had talked to a few other people about building me the engine. after talking to Pat on the phone and how he was willing to work with me. i decided that he would be the one to build it and seemed very straight forward about everything. he said 3 to 4 weeks to build the engine.
Have never dealt with Nyes, but you can be pertty sure that with any machine shop 3 weeks is really 9 weeks and 6 weeks is 18.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:04 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default NYES

NYES quoted, built, dynoed and had ready to pick up a 383 SBC crate motor in 4 weeks in April this year. Ran good all season, over 200 passes. Finished 3rd in Sportsman class at Terre Haute, Indiana.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: nyes automotive

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by onebads10
Have never dealt with Nyes, but you can be pertty sure that with any machine shop 3 weeks is really 9 weeks and 6 weeks is 18.
I was told 2 weeks, picked it up and dyno'd exactly 2 weeks later
but .. thats been the only complaint I've ever heard once in awhile the time frame gets back up. IMO i'd tell them a extra 2 weeks and if its done before great if not your safe.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:53 AM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

David (Hammertime), you are spot on. Just got off the phone with Pat, the problem wasn't the fault of Pat or me. Pat has taken care of the problem,(no charge to me) and will be shipping my engine back to me today. I would not have any problem recomending him to anybody.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bcw49
David (Hammertime), you are spot on. Just got off the phone with Pat, the problem wasn't the fault of Pat or me. Pat has taken care of the problem,(no charge to me) and will be shipping my engine back to me today. I would not have any problem recomending him to anybody.

I had no doubt Pat would get to the bottom of it. Glad it all worked out.

David
Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 AM
onebads10
SHOW GUEST

Default my 434 from nyes

well i just got a call that my 434 engine was finished that i got nyes automotive to build for me. i am very pleased with the whole deal. we talked about the power that the engine was gonna dyno and it actually made more power than he told me. we talked about the price and the price was exactly what he told me that it was going to be shipped right to my door. i have had alot of race engines built from different builders. the engine deal with Pat was by far the easiest and best build that i have ever had done. Awesome service !!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Pat!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 AM
u1sum
APPRENTICE

great people! they built a 427 sbc for us. would go back again and again.