I HAVE BEEN HAD BY A THEIF

Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

RS69-

Man, I sure am sorry about your deal, but Scorpion is right... maybe you can recover from this mess by taking action. I am not the best at knowing how to go about it, but people here like Scorp do know. I hate to see you give up or let this guy get away with his actions. I mentioned the specifics about the internals because I think that alone combined w/ your witness carries some weight. He lied... he should be held responsible for that or claiming ignorance... either way. At any rate, I hope you see some justice for his actions. Good Luck! Scooter
Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 AM
RS69RACE
SHOW GUEST

Default thief

I would like nothing more than to sue this crook but it takes money to do that , which I am not flush on right now.Because of the economic times . I still am looking into some things , don't know if it will work but I've gotta try .
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: thief

Originally Posted by RS69RACE
I would like nothing more than to sue this crook but it takes money to do that , which I am not flush on right now.Because of the economic times . I still am looking into some things , don't know if it will work but I've gotta try .
I'd call him nonstop
Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

i would make a house call, confront him in the upmost professional manner. Let him know you are dead serious about this issue.

i would not back down, gonna stand my ground

file a police report press charges
Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

Here is my side.I bought the motor from a guy I know and everything he told me I passed on to him.He called me and I told Im sorry for what happened.I did not lie about the motor.The guy I bought it from told me it was running a month ago,so I believed him.The guy that bought the motor from me called me and he said to make it right that I should buy him rod and main bearings and I agreed.I just got out of the hospital right now and logged on to see me getting bashed.I will buy him new bearings that we agreed on and he said that will be fine.I have bought and sold things on here and never had a problem other than a carb issue that was taken care of.Everyone is tearing me a new ass but I dont if the guy is being truthfull about the motor.Like I said we agreed on the bearings and I will stand by my word.You can bet this will be the last time I ever buy a motor from someone.I forgot to add that I offered him a spare cam and lifters to help him out. The way I see it he is not telling the whole story.Finally the reason for not responding quickly to the trashing is I was admitted to the hospital Tuesday and just got out today.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

RS69 Race give me your adress so I can send the bearings to you.Better yet you can call me instead of trashing me on here.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Sox:

I am sure that your post is appreciated in a few ways... but we are all responsible for how we represent ouselves... a man's word should be GOLD. You specified the internals of that motor individually. If they are not EXACTLY what you said, it is your resposibility... not the buyers. The buyer is only resposible for letting someone misslead him. Excuses about buying it from someone else, dubious condition, wrong parts, being gone, etc... is all your responsibility.. not his. As far as you not knowing if the buyer is "telling the truth"... well, he came on here & stated his claim many times about this issue. I find it hard to believe that you are an innocent victim who did not know the buyer was upset on this thread, or never tried to calll you first to make this right. If he (the buyer) had called & you agreed to give him bearings in the first place, it is also hard to believe this thread would have gone this far. Just so you know, this is not the first time we have seen a motor deal gone bad... it seems that the sellers are always pleading ignorance, gone in the hospital, out of state, etc... before they come on here & defend thier actions. Forgive me, but some of us are a little too familiar with these resposes... if i am wrong, i am sorry. Scooter
Old 03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

First off I never said I was a victim.The only thing that was misleading was the cam.I offerd him another one plus we agreed on me buying bearing and like I said I was in the hospital till today.I log on and what a suprise.I never mislead him and told him exactly what the other guy said.I just tried to call him and got no answer.He never asked for his money back.I dont know if he is telling the truth about the motor or what.I can tell you I learned a lesson and like I stated I will never get involved in something like this again.You can call me alot of things but a thief Im not.Dont you think maybe this is a reverse scam him trying to get something from me by trashing me on here and not being truthful about the motor.This guy is 3 hrs away from me so who knows what his motives are.Like I said we agreed on bearings to be bought by me and that should have been the end of it.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
RS69RACE
SHOW GUEST

Default 355 (reply)

Sorry to hear you had to go to the hospital ,but how was I suppose to know? You told me you would have to get back to me on the bearing offer ,never did. All it would have taken was a quick message informing me you had to go to the hospital unexpectedly. So what was I suppose to think? It will be a week tommorow. As for the cam it's like a 572. lift cam I really think it's a little much for a stock bottom end 355, we both agreed on that fact. As I told you I can take pictures of the items in question if you wish, and I still stand behind my bearing deal. I am a man of my word. Get in touch with me about the bearings please. Just try to put yourself in my posistion, I thought I was buying a running motor not a pile of parts that need some work. I trusted you and took you for your word. I'm not looking for something for nothing, just what was supposed to be in the first place. Look forward to hearing from you, and again I hope you're feeling better.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

man, I am almost in tears :cry:
its been awhile since we have actually has someone work out their problems on here. thats nice guys!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -