kingjr
APPRENTICE

Old 10-10-2008, 01:05 PM
kingjr
APPRENTICE

Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

He said he would ship ground, not parcel post.
Had he spoken those words I assure you the brakes would've went on in a hurry.

Just curious regarding all the differences- UPS gives you automatic insurance of $100 and a delivery confirm. For USPS you have to purchase both.

In your email string printed in this thread I see a mention of Ground but no text that says anything about direction to purchase the insurance above the $100 to the $350 for the convertor- Was that discussed?

I am sure the claim policy differs between USPS and UPS.

If he had shipped UPS Ground and not purchased additional insurance, youd be $100 better off then current. Would you have been able to recover the delta if no additional insurance was purchased?

My other question is if he files claim through USPS, is the whole amount potentially recoverable? In other words is it possible that the USPS claim procedure might recover the whole amount as opposed to UPS ground with no additional insurance just recovering $100-or would UPS pay $100 immediately and the remainder later?

It seems whether it was UPS or UPS insurance for the whole amount and a delivery confirmation should be mandatory. It is when I sell anything in any manner other than face to face at a swap meet.

just curious,

Scorp
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mytmouz
Just a note... The insurance will only refund a verifiable selling price plus the cost of the shipping minus the cost of the insurance. All the seller will recoup after refunding the buyers money is the cost of the shipping minus the cost of the insurance. You can buy $1,000.00 dollars worth of insurance, but you must show some type of receipt, so if you send a Paypal or Money Order for $366.00 the $366.00 is all that can be recouped...
Answered earlier in the thread...
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
kingjr
APPRENTICE

No scorpion, additional insurance was not discussed, neither was parcel post. You could argue they are one in the same but they are NOT.
After our initial telephone conversation John hung up the phone to obtain shipping quote of $31 which was obviously not from USPS as they charged him 39.04 to ship a part I can ship for $21 insured.

I as well as 3 or 4 others here just assumed everyone insured their parts for the amount of the sale to cover their own asses. I have never requested a shipping/tracking # either unless a part is not here in reasonable amount of time. I was appalleld to find out there was NO shipping #.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:38 PM
kingjr
APPRENTICE

Internet Fraud charges have now been filed.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 PM
kingjr
APPRENTICE

Old 10-11-2008, 04:07 AM
kingjr
APPRENTICE

Monday I will file a compliant with the Better Business Bureau dept. of consumer affairs.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
kingjr
APPRENTICE

BTT.

This issue was never rectified. John got my money and I got nothing.
Just remember John, what goes around comes around...
A good name is greater to be had then great riches.

Merry Christmas everyone!