How about a Sticky...

Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Default How about a Sticky...

With a list of the known scammers, ne'er do wells and email scams? Might save some potential buyers and sellers some time while doing their due diligence.

Just a thought.

Murff
Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

How about that? Will that work?Lets try it
Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

murff go to page 3 of general discussion about half way down the page and read (Tom if you could give this a read) and see if that is something like you are talking about.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Woodsman, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder, honest! I even remember reading that post (now).

My thought was more along the line of a single post, maybe locked to all but site admin, with a list of names like Carl noted in the Bruis thread.

Dynoflow
Bowers
Bruis

Listed alphabetically, or chronologically or even by number of complaints. Wouldn't stop humans from their regular scam posts but maybe when complaints on a seller or buyer hit a certain number they would make the list.

Getting on the list should be somewhat difficult but getting off the list should be even harder.

Murff
Old 09-25-2007, 08:58 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Only thing I want to say in this area,Is don't make posts or accusations you can't back up.There are legal issues in threads like this,if someone is willing to do the work and help others,thats fine with me.

But if people can't provide the proper names,info etc. then its a waste of time,as far as I am concerned.Some people don't read the posts and adds correctly.

Like I said before,people only come here AFTER the fact,as you can plainly see in quite a few threads.

On top of that when they have questions they should use the SEARCH function,if they don't find any info,then all they have to do is ask a question.I am sure the guys here can give decent info,just looking at an add link.

People need to do their homework BEFORE parting with their hard earned money.Not try and do it AFTER the fact the mail doesn't come.

If people would only try and get referances from those they buy from,alot of these crimes would stop.1st thing these people should do is just look over the sellers profile and see how long they have belonged to RJ,that right there should tell you what kind of a person they are.
If you can't get any referances from the seller its a good sign to stay away.But never go on a buddys word,He's prolly part of the SCAM

Do Your Homework Folks
Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Murff its a great idea hope you get it working. Tom has a line that keeps coming back that I can't get passed ( Like I said before,people only come here AFTER the fact,as you can plainly see in quite a few threads.) And that speaks for myself with Bowers Racing Engines. And like Tom's line says I am only dealing with Lightening from now own because thunder is after the fact. Well good luck with the list and if you help one person then it was worth the trouble I think.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Hmmm, thought I was just offering up an idea, not volunteering. :?

I guess human nature is to screw up & then carp about it. I drive my wife & kids daffy because I research everything before I make a move, and even then I screw up. Not because I got 'took' tho', more because I missed a step somewhere.

I am going to gracefully decline the nomination to maintain a list of scammers. Not that I don't think it might have merit, more because I wouldn't be able to devote the type of time it would probably take to maintain it.

Murff
Old 09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Murff get real with it we are all running around trying hard now not to get screwed from some peice of trash trying to get something for nothing. So don't be hard on yourself we all feel the same way brother. The list would be great if the whole world knew about it and then people would say to each other did you look at the list yet to see if Joe Blow is on it. Then it would work like we would want it too. But this is a after the fact Forum that you use to vent on and advise on how to get your money back.