Aerospace Vacumm Pumps

Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 PM
popper183
SHOW GUEST

Default Aerospace Vacumm Pumps

Any one have any imput on the new style vacuum pump by Aerospace? I purchased one and can't get it to create anymore than 2 hg in the traps and when you let off it will go to 7 hg but no more. Its on a BBC that is injected on alcohol with low tension rings. The engine came out of another car that had a GZR pump on it and they had no problem creating up to 15 hg in the traps with it. It runs strong, 7.77 in the 1/4. I even put a test fitting in the pump and dead headed it to suction at an idle and the most it would suck was 10-12 hg. I tried using oil added to the suction and it didn't make a difference.
Any suggestions POPPER
Old 08-13-2007, 07:01 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

I have seen on mine where the vanes got stuck in the bottoms of the slots they ride in. I wound up pulling them out and grinding the bottom edges on the vanes so they wouldn't bind in the slots. The bottoms of the vanes are square and the bottoms of the slots are U shaped. Haven't had any problems since.

George