I have a major problem with rear oil seal!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

Default I have a major problem with rear oil seal!!!

I put my new 540 together over the winter and all went well, put it in the car and everything was well. I ran it the first pass and noticed a small oil leak around the back side of the engine, now after 4 weekends of running, and no time to work on the car I have a really bad oil leak. WILL NOT LEAK IDLEING, WIDE OPEN ON TRANS BRAKE, OR WARMING UP DRIVING THROUGH PITS. Tonight after work, I remove the oil pan and gasket seems fine. Oil leak still looks like its in the rear, so I pull the oil pump, and rear main cap to remove the rear seal. I forgot that when I assembled this engine I put glue on the back side of the seal. I am having a hell of a time getting the seal out of the block?? If it wasent damaged before, it sure is now. I do not want to pull the engine apart to put a rear seal in. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Allen.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

Forgot to mention, oil leak will start about 100-150 feet out. I know this because after watching my brother drive the car you can see it kinda like spraying out between the slicks. May be part of my tire shake issues to........ And it is for sure motor oil, not trans fluid or rear end oil.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

Fixed my car tonight after work, thanks for the help.