The weather outside is frightful...

Old 12-21-2008, 02:42 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
i am the same with fla1976..it was 70 down here the last 3 days with a low of 50's..suppose to go down to 40's tommorrow then back up in the 50's for Christmas Day

I do not think i could make it in the teen degree weather. i have lived in S.C. all my life with a brief (1 yr) move to Florida back in the Mid 70's

30's and 40's is really Cold for us Native South Carolinians.

i would like to see some Snow tho...

Now you Northern Boys don't Goug me too hard on the Snow comment ..We just don't see if very much down here.
I would love if it was teens here :lol:

Watching weather now, calling for 40 mph wind and 20-30 below nasty stuff for sure. Truck cranked slow today.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:42 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I moved down here to the flatlands in 2000 from a town at 5300 feet to get away from the 7 months of snow and 9 months of cold and be closer to the racing. Well today we now have 6 inches @ 25 degrees with more snow on the way. I'm not having any fun right now ! My shop is unheated and waay too cold to play in so, here I am on RJ crying in my brew. This off season stuff just drives me nutso !! :shock: :? :shock: :?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:47 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Hey bjuice i could go out tomorrow and get you a cooler full and overnight it to ya so you could have a white xmas.LOL

Oh, and the Lions are just 60 minutes away from history. 0-16 an NFL first.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:27 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

yea its 38 degrees in texas and everyone acts like its 6 degrees, the
DOT here sprayed a de-icing agent and it did not freeze but cars
ended up wrecking on the highways where the agent was sprayed,
and now the DOT is saying it was not their fault, their was 2 people
killed and 20 sent to the hospital, but no one is at fault, let the
law suits file in.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

it gets in the teens some here in n. al.and thats cold to me and i lived in chigaco.o with snow on the ground and i could wear my jean jacket. here 30s and a parka aint enough.90s in the summer and i cant stand the heat. im screwed no matter were i live lol
Old 12-22-2008, 03:22 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

It's already 18 degrees this morning that triple of yesterday. Hmm i think i'll wear my PINK speedo while i'm running the snow blower today. Hope i don't cause any wrecks. LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
i am the same with fla1976..it was 70 down here the last 3 days with a low of 50's..suppose to go down to 40's tommorrow then back up in the 50's for Christmas Day

I do not think i could make it in the teen degree weather. i have lived in S.C. all my life with a brief (1 yr) move to Florida back in the Mid 70's

30's and 40's is really Cold for us Native South Carolinians.

i would like to see some Snow tho...

Now you Northern Boys don't Goug me too hard on the Snow comment ..We just don't see if very much down here.

I would pay money to see southern people drive in a good old midwest snowstorm....just as long as I'm safe inside. My sister lived in Texas for a few years and she used to talk about the very rare occasion they got a tiny bit of snow ... :lol:

P.S. It is 2 deg above zero right now around here...and this is the only type of weather you can get a flat tire in. It's the Law.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:03 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

been 0-12 degrees for over a week, our first big drop yester day FREE snow come get it good old north west!!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: The weather outside is frightful...

Originally Posted by BEAST477
It's about 6 degrees out side and the wind chill is about 20 below zero or more. Visibility at times is about 10 feet. Brrr,i'm really starting to like winter less and less. I want to go racing.

.... Beast where are you at I live between Kalamazoo and Plainwell....not only the cold but Iam really tired of the white stuff already and it is not even Christmas :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ....and we got a long way to go..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Spib looks like my back yard but I now that you guys arenot used to that kind of snow yet....just a little too early 8) 8) 8) ....makes me want 70-75* for Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -