73 CAMARO Z-28 " Whats it worth"

Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Originally Posted by harbone66
Check out the NastyZ28 website, its truely dedicated to the 2nd generation Camaro owners. No snobs or rudeness like YB and there everything from anal numbers matching car owner to full out blown chassis cars. Lots of tips, projects and parts for sale.

UUHHH..what's an 'anal number'? :shock: :shock: :shock:
let me put a comma in there...
everything from anal, numbers matching...

:lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Z 28

If it runs, stops and starts and drives around the block with out over heating,it is worth that money. Check for rust issues, including lower door skins, frame, floors, check gauges,wipers,wiring mods etc, but still that is a good number
Does it still have the spare tire in it ???? lol
Posi still in it ? I think they put alot of 3:73 s in them ?
How does it sound cammed etc ?
remember money is tight now, a good buyer is hard to find, if you want the car do not let it get away.....but it is clearly a buyers market right now so try to cut your best deal
Good Luck
I hope it works out for you !
Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Rigs I thing I started driving the car in 82 and this pic was in 84 I think..it was a Confederate Flag bandana hanging from the rear view.

Ok I bought the car Friday for $8500 cash. Drove it to the races (as a spectator) Friday night,,about an hour drive round trip and it ran Great,,temp never got above 165 and it was 80 degree's....Put the family in the car and drove them to town( last night, Saturday Night ) another 1.5 hours round trip and had No issues...car is tight, tranny shifts Good etc..

I just want to do a few things...1st I want to find a MSD 6al ignition Box,,,,does anyone on here have one I could buy that I could trust ?

Also give me your thoughts about converting over to a E-85 car..I know the carb is a main change, what about fuel pump and anything other tid-bits ?...this E-85 stuff suppose to increase TQ and Hp not to mention its .50 cheaper average a gallon over 93 octane around here

thanks...I am living back in 1984 right Now and I love it....the 10.5 Nova is put over in a corner. lol

its bee a looooong time since I had a driveable street ( Hot Rod ) and I am loving it !!!!!!!!!

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

man im happy for you. i know the feeling about going back in time.before i get in one of my old cars i lookin out of 56 yr.old eyes but when i get in on say my 62 galaxie or my 53 ranchwagon, im lookin out that windsheild with 20yr old eyes!! and the world is good.you did good in my book,now make it yours and drive the snot out of it!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I've got a 6al box. Give me a call if you like 540-556-8901. Thanks Wayne
Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

8) 8) 8)
Old 10-23-2011, 06:04 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

great to hear ya bought it i got a 6al box.... lmk im gonna put my 7al2 box back in my drag car... my brother in law told me the 6al was just as good and everything im reading says other wise :wink:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fast75vega
great to hear ya bought it i got a 6al box.... lmk im gonna put my 7al2 box back in my drag car... my brother in law told me the 6al was just as good and everything im reading says other wise :wink:
The only thing better about a 7AL2 box is that it has more whistle's and bells to work with so you don't need the add on's

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:03 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by fast75vega
The only thing better about a 7AL2 box is that it has more whistle's and bells to work with so you don't need the add on's

JMO

Zip.
the 6al is only 40k volts and the 7al2 is 47k.........
Old 10-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thats cool Brian! I went through my drag car, pro-street phase and when I got the Firebird it was nice, just to nice to drive the way I wanted. When I slid behind the wheel of the 79 Z28 I have now it was 1987 all over again! My very first 4-speed car was a 79 Camaro RS that I bought in 1987, so the car I have now is just a blast from the past. I have put almost 3500 miles on it this year just cruising around on the weekends. Now if my hair would just grow back!
Have fun buddy and post up some pics!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -