this might be another scam

Old 09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
joe2412
JOURNEYMAN

Default this might be another scam

a guy emailed me through r/j gave me his email adress asked me to send final offer to his email which is ([email protected]) i sent that info to him and he quickly responed back with wanting my paypal info!! contact info!! I then responed back to him i'll only do a cash deal through an electronic transfer from his bank to mine and he can get my contact info on my r/j add i then said cheers my good man and i'll be waiting for your phone call thank joe g :twisted:
Old 09-11-2011, 05:20 PM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

GOOD JOB
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
jimv
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by joe2412
a guy emailed me through r/j gave me his email adress asked me to send final offer to his email which is ([email protected]) i sent that info to him and he quickly responed back with wanting my paypal info!! contact info!! I then responed back to him i'll only do a cash deal through an electronic transfer from his bank to mine and he can get my contact info on my r/j add i then said cheers my good man and i'll be waiting for your phone call thank joe g :twisted:
I was contacted by the same guy.

Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate your response. i will offer you$1350..I real want to purchase the item from you

Am very busy so i will like you to get back to me today so i can instruct my secretary to transfer the money through pay pal because is reliable for both party,and more it's my shipping agent that will come for the pick up of the item in your location and they are the people that will sign for all the necessary document on behave and also i will like you to get back to me with your details

Full name.....

Your Pay pal email (Account)..........

Full contact address.......

And your telephone number and immediately i do have this information requested i will now instruct my secretary to transfer the money into your pay pal account.Looking forward to read back from you soonest and have a pleasant day with your family.

Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 17:13:01 -0400
Subject: Re: LAST PRICE?
To: [email protected]

How does the scam work?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default NO Brainer

Anyone that would fall for something this obvious & Stupid probably needs more than sympathy! These scumbags cant speak or write english & this scam has been online forever..
Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 AM
dan009
SHOW GUEST

Just came across the same scam. New name is Dave Fields. He claims
to be out at sea as an oceanographer buying the car for his sons birthday.
It will be delivered as a big surprise. Pay Pal is the only way he will pay.
There was no negotiation on the price, and this is a project car.