Am I doing something wrong?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 AM
hemicop
APPRENTICE

Default Am I doing something wrong?

Okay guys--- I posted my racecar for sale here--- even willing to trade. I added pictures, the motor's fresh, car reasonably priced (I thought) & is even availible as a roller if someone just doesn't trust another's machine shop or whatever. NOT ONE INQUIRY IN WEEKS! :? What am I doing wrong? I realize the economy stinks but as flexible as the sale is, I think someone, somewhere would be at least curious. Any ideas on how to improve the sale-ibility of this thing? It's not that I'm desperate although it DOES sound like it, I'm just wondering what I could be doing wrong?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

what is the ad number??
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A ad #
Usually only certain things keep people away from buying things,
1. Most important Price, market sucks now so usually take what you think is good and take some more off it.
2. If its a weird make/style of car/truck

These are generally 2 big things but I'd bet 90% of the time Price is what holds things back
Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Not sure which add, but if a read an add and it has things like FIRM, selling for a friend and I don't know if XX works, or don't call unless your serious I quit looking Anything that looks like the seller is hard to deal with or doesn't know if XX works is a big turnoff!

But times are hard for many people right now!!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I need to see the ad itself to get a feel for what may be wrong. What kind of car? Does it say no title/bill of sale only? Race car only/ not street legal? does the ad limit the use or potenial use of the car? "Can be put back on street" is subjective too... I might have to re-wire the whole car, put lower compression pistons, or ??? Are you capturing all buyers possible for this car? The ad must cause excitment of the possiblities at a price they can get from on one else/or trade. Does it have "trade value higher" to me, this is unesessary; this can be negotiated at time of sale. Why turn away a buyer in the ad itself??? make them want to call & see the car...then make the bondaries of the deal. Tell us the car, mtr, trans, etc... Are the pic's nice? Does it look like eye-candy? Or does the sun block the color of the paint? etc... good luck!! Scooter
Old 07-08-2009, 03:50 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Dad gum Scooter you didn't have to make my post look so bad!! lol
You're right on the money!! So many people really don't know how to Showcase their add and like I was trying to say they make it very clear do not watse my time.
Make the buyer want to call you and make them feel like you took really good care of what your selling.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

LOL!! Your'e Funny Rabbit... I hear you. So many times I "scan" the ad looking for the highlights. If I am immediately interested, I will then look over the whole ad w/a fine tooth comb. Otherwise, I am like you & pass quickly to the next one.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

What is it a maverick?
Old 07-09-2009, 03:30 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Took me 13 months to sell my trailer. Someone out there wants it, just havn't found it yet.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I skip ads that have no price. To me no price is an indication that the seller wants too much for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -