Double Hump Heads?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:26 PM
jhall4679
SHOW GUEST

Default Double Hump Heads?

How much better...if better...are double hump heads than regular heads?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
wrightway
SENIOR BUILDER

Do you have any casting # in mind

:?:
Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
fatjodycat
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

The double hump or camel hump heads were widely prefered years ago for performance applications over regular stock sbc heads. There are just better heads now to choose from. I cant remember if they came in 2.02 intake or not. If you are going to use them on something you are building give the casting numbers on the heads you have and what you are putting them on and some of these guys here can help you out alot with more info.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:52 AM
DaveKoehler
APPRENTICE

Find out which casting # you have and the mfg date. These are worth more to the restoration crowd than to you. Use the money to buy some current aftermarket heads.

You will be way ahead in performance. It takes a lot of work to make the old heads useful and you wind up with more money and less performance in them than new heads cost these days.

Dave Koehler
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

x2
Old 04-30-2009, 01:17 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

back in the day when hotrodders were chasing 300 hp they were the cats meow.today 300 hp is not very much. if your building a resto . good, but if your chasin hp then go with a set of aftermarket heads.kinda like speed parts for ford v8 flat heads. in their day yeah but if you want speed in your 3 window ford leave the flathead on the stand.same with the humps.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:37 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2, I HAD A SET ON MY FIRST DRAG TRUCK, GOT THEM AT JUNK YARD, PUT A TON OF WORK IN THEM . TODAY THE ENTREE LEVEL STUFF WILL BLOW THEM AWAY. THERE WORTH A LOT TO THE RESTO WORLD, IF YOU HAVE THEM THEY WILL BRING SOME NICE BUCKS!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
X2, I HAD A SET ON MY FIRST DRAG TRUCK, GOT THEM AT JUNK YARD, PUT A TON OF WORK IN THEM . TODAY THE ENTREE LEVEL STUFF WILL BLOW THEM AWAY. THERE WORTH A LOT TO THE RESTO WORLD, IF YOU HAVE THEM THEY WILL BRING SOME NICE BUCKS!!
x3 restro crowd and and a set of entry level aluminum heads for what you can get for them.