Stupid Question

Old 03-19-2009, 05:08 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Put it in your pocket and go walk around the airport. I'm sure somebody there will be willing to relieve you of it. And you'll the the body cavity seach as a bonus!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

True story,
Some guy in Arkansas stuck a 22 caliber bullet in the fuse panel of his truck.

He had been out hunting and it was dark when he got ready to leave out but the headlight circuit had a blown fuse, so in a pinch he used the bullet, it was metal and seemed like a great idea. :roll:
Needless to say he ended up with a hole in his leg after it got good and warm :lol:

Tod, a near by lake would be a good candidate for it.

Question.? Where the hell did it come from if you don't have a gun?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
True story,

He had been out hunting and it was dark when he got ready to leave out but the headlight circuit had a blown fuse, so in a pinch he used the bullet, it was metal and seemed like a great idea. :roll:
Needless to say he ended up with a hole in his leg after it got good and warm :lol:

I actually found it in the yard at my parents house next to the driveway. Last June their town got flooded pretty bad and they had 2 ft of water in their house...I assume it probably washed up there or something because dad doesn't own a gun either. I like the lake idea.

thanks guys
Old 03-20-2009, 03:11 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

lonely?want company? send it to obama.or you could just throw it in a hole in the yard and cover it up.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:19 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

True story,

Myth busters did a show on this and it proved to be not true.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod,

I commend you for asking the question... I have asked many "dumb questions" in my life & it has paid off. Many others were too afraid to ask, so they stayed quiet.

I am not promoting this, but as a kid I have done many expierments with .22 bullets. My conclusion: being it is a rim-fire & a small calliber, they are DAMN hard to discharge w/o the gun itself... me & my buddies have tried many times when we were younger. We also used to pull off the bullets from the brass & dump the powder into bigger expierments. Literally 2 pairs of plyers & the bullet pops out- rendering it useless.

You have to have the right amount of firing pin pressure on the rim of the jacket to get it to fire... otherwise, it is very hard to discharge. Scooter
Old 03-20-2009, 05:13 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

to add to all this a Bullet reqiures the frame of the Gun as a "Launch PAD" . This is identified as re-coil in order to become a Full blown adult Bullet in motion @ 2,000 + ft per second.

this also gets into the ballistics part of the process of the gun in which the barrrell of the gun has swirled grooves that spins the Bullet in the spiral Motion..( Pistols)
had some Fireman friends when i was a police officer.that was in a burning building with their hoses and heard firecracker sounds..and felt thumps on their jacket and helmets ( almost like a low powered air bee-bee gun)..
anyhow they later Learned the business owner had a private stash ammo dump...and the heat was setting off the Rounds

somone mentioned it earlier..if a single Bullet discharges/explodes its a small gunpowder explosion..the casing (Shrapinal) could actually hit you harder then the round it self or gunpowder flash burns if your close enough.....one thing is that your highly unlikely not gonna get a perfect sprial bullet coming at you at 2,000+ ft per second...but then again its an explosion...anything could happen even if the chances are Slim.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Back in the late 70's I got a 68 Mustang notchback and was starting to fix it up. The rear bumper was bent, so I took it off when i was fixing the car
There was a .303 shell pinched shut and really bent on a 30 * angle, right in the middle of the casing, stuck between the bumper and the body.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:03 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by CamBirdRacing
True story,

Myth busters did a show on this and it proved to be not true.

Ahh man, you blew it for everyone!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Hammering bullets

I wrote not to hit it with a hammer because I've read of people doing that. Here is an article from the paper last week.

CAPE CORAL: Hitting bullets with a hammer in your driveway may not seem like a good idea to you.

Matthew F. Dugger, 21, doesn't seem share that opinion - at least he didn't before Thursday.

The incident happened on SE 12th Terrace.

Dugger was treated at the hospital after one of the bullets police say he was slamming with a hammer exploded, blowing shrapnel into his leg.

"If you get hit with something hot and fast and out of control, it's going to possibly cause a problem," said Travis Brunson, owner of Chiquita Guns.

The event was reportedly witnessed by several children belonging to Dugger's roommate, who was already under investigation by the Department of Children and Families for inadequate supervision of the children.

"Anyone nearby could have certainly been hit by it. It's such a monumentally stupid idea," Brunson said.

Police were called to the hospital around 5 p.m. because of the suspicious nature of Dugger's injury.

DCF says they are also looking into Thursday's incident.

No charges have been filed in the case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -