Brad Penn racing oil has anyone ran it??

Old 03-15-2009, 07:35 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Brad Penn racing oil has anyone ran it??

Some of my friends running alcohol have told be I should switch to Brad Penn oil on alcohol. Saying that it doesn't mix with alcohol as easily as other racing oil. They said that even after a couple of races the oil still looked great, not milky, and still green. Has anyone ran this oil and seen a difference?[/b]
Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Dean,

I've ran it but it's hard to get down in La., when i was up near Memphis no problem to get, and your friends are right it doesn't milk as bad as other oils. yrs. ago when i was running blown i ran Kendall oil before they changed the formula. Again shipping to here cost almost as much as the oil so i've had to change brands.

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:56 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

We use to run it till they lowered the zinc in their oil now we switched to the http://www.cen-pe-co.com/ as it has 2300 PPM of zinc and is high in phosephate as well. And it seems to be a very common oil with race shops today
Old 03-15-2009, 08:36 AM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

I have used Brad Penn through this past year, but as "hink" said they have lowered their zinc content. Almost all of the NTPA mod trucks are running cenpeco oil in their engines, and those engines are 650 cu in alchohol engines. It is very good oil! Brad Penn is good oil, but there is better out there. JMO.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Some of the guys have went to walmart oil, saying that they're going to change after every race so it doesnt' get a chance to break down. I have a hard time making myself put walmart oil in a $10,000.00 engine. I have always ran Valvoline racing oil, I don't know why I guess it seemed to work for me. But since I've went to alcohol it seems to milk real fast. My vacuum pump is working well so I was looking for an oil that wouldn't mix with alcohol so easily, maybe giving my vacuum a chance to pull alittle more alcohol out.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:05 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

I use the Brad Penn oil.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

VR1 10W30 or 20W50 either will be good with alky and no milky stuff.

Brad Penn is hard to get for me.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default OIL

Brad Penn OIL
Thats the Stuff I Use!
Tried Valvoline 25 Years ago with Alky,as soon as you Fire the Motor and shut it Off?It loooked Like a Vannilla Shake.I went to Kendall Nitro 70,well it seems that they were bought out by Penn?
Later
G 8)
Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Some of the guys have went to walmart oil, saying that they're going to change after every race so it doesnt' get a chance to break down. I have a hard time making myself put walmart oil in a $10,000.00 engine. I have always ran Valvoline racing oil, I don't know why I guess it seemed to work for me. But since I've went to alcohol it seems to milk real fast. My vacuum pump is working well so I was looking for an oil that wouldn't mix with alcohol so easily, maybe giving my vacuum a chance to pull alittle more alcohol out.
But the question is who makes the oil for Wal Mart? Valvoline is made by Ashland oil and I've been told that CARQUEST oil is just Valvoline in a CARQUEST bottle.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know but I heard Walmart was fined in California because their oil didn't spec out as advertised. :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -