Beware of Lowdown54 (Tony Eden)

Old 10-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Interesting thread. I owned a numbers match 69 X33 car and if you checked the cowl in a couple spots you would match the last 6 of the VIN.

So here's the question, if the buyer of this car looked at the VIN and it matched the block (dont check the pad by the DZ, thats not where it would be stamped), and the 4 speed, and it matched the stamps on the firewall-and it turns out perhaps that the sections of the firewall were grafted in-might that not be a legal rebody/rebuild? In other words, you can use a cowl or parts of one for a rebuild and still be legal.

Also, what about the 69 Dynacorn bodies? I have heard that there is a rebody allowed and on inspection that the state will allow transfer of VIN-I think there might even be a link on their site.

Now if the VIN doesnt match the cowl stamp, then thats a fake-and I have indeed heard that parties not privy to the fraud were ultimately accountable for it.

Bottom line is that an inspection can be had for $100 in most locales and its cheap insurance for a high dollar purchase. And the law is often not logical or reasonable yet we are all held accountable to abide by it.

Just my two cents or 1.25 if you allow for inflation.