I thought it was illegal to sell...

Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
nitrus2
SHOW GUEST

Default had the same thing happen to me

Originally Posted by coolracing
I have a good one for ya this past summer with high scrap prices through the roof stealing scrap iron got outta control here! to make a long story short I had a 69 camaro parts car and a restorable 63 nova ss which i still have the titles, were both stolen the scaper cut the cars in half and brought them in for scap. All in about 2 hours! I showed up at the scrap yard 15 minutes after he left. The yard gave me his name and off to the police department i went. I gave them all the info and the next day the detective called me and I was shocked as hell when he told me that there was nothing they could do because I did not have the vehicles titled in my name. I have the titles, receipts(with sellers sig.), and pics of the cars on my property. But they could not do nothing....I have spoke with the state police and lawyers nobody will give me the time of day! So my advice to you my friends even your parts car should be titled in your name dont take it up the tailpipe like I did!
this is kinda what happend with me the police and the lawyers wouldnt help the people that need help ,but they shure will be infaver of the criminal.i wont get into detail on this one but im like you there will be a time and a place and the det will be payed.the only diffrence is that i had the title in my name. want to know more on the story refure to the posting in general under looking for car (nitrus2)