588 pump gas, whats a good compression number to use

Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

hey superstreeter man how r u?russ here,been chatting with you on motor combos.i ran best of 9.77@144 on motor.8.88 on a [email protected] a 8.66@140(i backed out of it when i hit rev limiter)so im hoping to see a 8.40s pass at around 160 with the 275 shot that its set up with now...
im addicted to nitrous man!!! its true that once u run it youll never run without it!!! my tight converter(3200 rpms,9")with transbrake was a perfect launch with the 275 shot!

im still thinkin my cam is too big.but my coworker and nitrous helper dood said nitrous motors love over cam and headed motors...dunno, i guess maybe for now ill leave my cam in there cause on nitrous it pulled real hard between 5000 to 7000 plus rpms. but next motor freshening ill regrind down to about 276/[email protected]

current cam is 286/296 @.050 on a 112.7/4 swap comp cams .748"

what is your experience with the diffrent combos making you believe is best combo with the cubes and rpms your running?also when does your motor run out of steam with the current cam and what is the cam?

look forward to hearing from you!!!russ