UPDATED PICS OF HOME TRACK

Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gwhiz
I must say that the track is looking pretty awesome. I remember going to this track when I was a wee little girl and I can say that it has made tremendous improvements. I'm looking forward to running some races there this year. Is there any chance that the owners are considering becoming an IHRA sanctioned track?

i think that could be a possibility..However Shady side has been around since it was a Dirt track ( if you will scroll down thru one of those threads i posted you will see it back in the 50's)....

anyhow Shadyside has established itself as one of the fastest 1/8 outlaw tracks on the East coast..they sponsor several 10.5 outlaw evets each year and pull drivers like Bill glidden,Annette Sommers,Steve Kirk,Alan Dudley..also one of the home tracks for Quann Stott and Scotty Cannon (both Multiple IHRA PRO-MOD World Champions)..

the only complaint any new racers have before they get to the track is the short shut down area...but TRUST me if a match race between Scotty Cannon jr and Quann Stott can be held there at low ET'S OF 4.03 AT 172MPH and both cars stop just fine..i do not think most anyone else will have issues...

Come on up and see us...we would love to have you.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: UPDATED PICS OF HOME TRACK

Originally Posted by doorracer
Originally Posted by bjuice
well the concrete has been poured..got to wait 28 days before it cures before they can grind down....we are now a fully paved concrete race track from tree to traps..check out the progress.....yaaa haaaaaa.....

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Shadyside...?showtopic=411

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Shadyside...?showtopic=469

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Shadyside...?showtopic=539

Brian
Brian,

I would have to say tree to TREES!! I'm just spoiled here in Tulsa we have what seems like a mile to shut down in. As slow as my car is I have to get back on the gas to get off the track.

Curtis

i hear ya Curt...lol...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
gwhiz
SHOW GUEST

I remember when cars had until the first turnoff to stop. My dad and I have raced at Shadyside since the Buff's first purchased the track. The dirt track was before my time, though. I run a dragster and never had any problem with the shut down area. I think it would be great to see Shadyside become an IHRA track. There is plenty of parking and I like the fact that you don't have to push the car in the staging lanes. It makes my life easier. I'm really excited to see Ronnie investing in the new track surface and I look forward to running there.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

me too GWHIZ....Ronnie is a GREAT GUY.....Where you from by the way ?..i am sure we know some of the same people...

Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
gwhiz
SHOW GUEST

Originally from Casar, NC. Moved to Hickory in 1997. You may remember my dad. He was a regular at Shadyside for many years. His name is Dan Whisnant
Old 01-17-2008, 08:27 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I Recognize the name..you might know me as well...i have ran at shady side for a number of years..i guess my best remembered car that would not get lost in the shuffle is the Torquise Blue 1963 VW all tube car with a 406ci sbc....would run consistant 6.0's touch some 5.90's on motor ..would run some mid 5's on a 175 shot. ( also street legal) still had the old S.C inspection sticker on it...lol

also Quann and Mitch Stott are down the line ( 3rd) cousins of mine..My dad and their dad ( Bobby Stott) were not only family but the best of friends...it really effected my dad when Bobby had his freak accident and passed on a few years ago..

I also use to run around (wilder days) and help out/more of a hang out..lol with Scotty Cannon when he ran the PRO-MOD willys ON-SAT Sponsored car back in early/mid 90's...i attended more match races more than anything...him and Hugh Scott liked to pair up a good bit back then...

i now have a 67 camaro red...and a 63 vette..Candy Red Metal Flake..you might miss the camaro but the vette will stand out...the plans is to take it to Carolina "House of Hook" for the 1st time out..Maybe in March of this year..

come up and say hi if you see me around.

Brian