Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
fullspeed383
APPRENTICE

what is roll out. :?:
Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by timothysiler
They are over 2" different in roll out and sitting in my garage because M/T doesn't want to take them back. Went and looked at a replacement set for the 2nd set of M/T and they are over 1-1/2" out of Roll out. Goodyears have always been within 1/2" roll out and run like a champ. Never had any issues with Goodyears except the cost, but you pay for quality. Got a set of M/T on my Monte Carlo right now that I would replace with Goodyears and will when they are worn out. Why did we continue to buy M/T, they pay contigency and we tried to support the Products that supports our racing, but when the company doesn't stand behind there products they sale, I have a issue with that.

Those would work GREAT on an oval car
:P :shock:
Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Over the years I have used Firestone, Goodyear and M/T. I like the Mickeys the best. I've never had a problem with the quality or rollout. Every pair I have bought has had the rollout marked on them with a tire marker. I put over 220 passes on my last set and I was still clocking 1.17 60s and they still had plenty of runs left on them. There is a label attached to the Mickeys that explain how to check and correct rollout after mounting the tires. Be sure to read and follow those instructions. Once you run them it's too late, you have to do this before you do your 1st burnout.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:04 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Roll out is the size is the circumference of the tire. Ours were always marked the same also. We also use beadlocks so blowing them up to 35 psi to seat is not necessary. We have never had a issue pulling 1.15-1.17 60ft with roll out being a little off. When you start hitting it harder and start dropping in the 1.0s 60fts the Roll out will become very important. We cover our tires and sometimes on hot days will even jack the rear end up and pull the valve stem and reinflate before the next round. This eliminates the sun from growing the tires. This might just have been bad luck, but this has been a back to back issue for us with Mickeys. Now if I was running a 33x10.5 Mickeys would be all I would use. They have still yet to provide me with a 34.5x17x16 that I was able to race, and don't mind keeping your money. I am going to note again this is out of 3 sets and is back to back issues. Goodyears All The Way, I have heard good things about hoosiers though, I might give them a try.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:40 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

My roll out is 12' 9" inches.

Their's only 1 brand of tire that works for me. Intercro. This is the best place in the country to buy REAL TIRES!! http://www.racinginthedirt.com/page9.html
Not sure if it will get your 60' times down like it does mine. :lol: ( BTW I run a 6.20 gear.) Sorry guys, I get bored when I get left out
Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

OK, my friend that races with us just pulled his M/T off. Got the phone call tonight that when he looked inside the tire he could see where the chords where ripped and broken in the slick. He pulls a 1.06 60ft and has been fighting getting his car down the track. I over heard the conversation over the phone. If I get a chance maybe I can get a pic to post up. He runs a 33.5x16x16 M/T slick.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:53 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

My last set of 34.5 x 17 x 16 were near 2 inches off in rollout. I pumped up the small one and left it but had to race before it had stretched enough. Someone told me to add 10% extra air to the small one for the race. So one was 5.5 lbs and I put 6 lbs in the other. That worked fine all day long.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by timothysiler
OK, my friend that races with us just pulled his M/T off. Got the phone call tonight that when he looked inside the tire he could see where the chords where ripped and broken in the slick. He pulls a 1.06 60ft and has been fighting getting his car down the track. I over heard the conversation over the phone. If I get a chance maybe I can get a pic to post up. He runs a 33.5x16x16 M/T slick.
do you know what # mt tire it was and door car or dragster ? how many passes thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

We are going to try and stretch ours out before we try to run them again on my brothers trans am. Maybe we can get them a little closer. Just something for anyone to keep in mind who runs a large size tire and is thinking about going to M/T. Not sure what # tire my firends were. I have a set of M/T currently on my Monte Carlo and they are working well, but it isn't worth the chance to buy another set of tires that the company will not back up. We pulled a 1.03 60ft and running 4.65 in the 1/8th this weekend, but I only have a 582ci motor with conventional 24 degree heads and one system in a 2530 lb doorcar. Going to try and step it up and get into the 4.50s. Didn't have the Nitrous timer zeroed out this pass weekend.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

How the hell are you managing a 1.03 60' with that combo? Tell me your secret.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -