MURRAY at CAM PERFORMANCE

Old 05-16-2019, 04:52 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks Chris, I posted this in hopes it would maybe embarrass murray into trying to make good on this deal because he still does business on racing junk, but really I think Dave is going to have to take him to court and see how that works, seems murray lives in canada sometimes, so that might be a hard thing to deal with, something tells me he knows this.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:37 AM
jrsmith440
SHOW GUEST

Have placed 2 ads in the past 2 days. Reply to first ad was text about sending bank certified check USPS overnight mail. Second text said check was sent (Sunday of Memorial Day weekend?), excess funds, contact me with shipper information. Realized then it was a scam. Text reply to second ad started with bank certified check spiel. My reply to both has been cash or paypal only, phone call only, no texts. Is this usual for Racing Junk? This is first time I have placed ads on this site. Have used Ebay quite a bit with no problem and have also used Craigs List.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:17 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

It happens sometimes. Just ignore any text that includes excess funds being sent. If they can't be reached to talk to in person its a scam. This is a good site for racers to use.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:57 AM
jrsmith440
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the reply. Makes me feel a little better. Scammers seem to have stopped (crossing my fingers).
Old 05-29-2019, 11:50 AM
jrsmith440
SHOW GUEST

Spoke too soon. Mark (supposedly in Florida) #727-493-7262 is still texting about sending bank certified check USPS overnight. Received several more texts today. Yes excess money on check, keep mine, will contact me to send to his shipper blah blah blah. My reply more than once no check, no texts, call only. Has become more harassment than anything else. I realize the items I listed have a narrow interest and are very car specific and I'm happy with the views I'm getting, but so far all I have gotten are scam responses. Not too happy with Racing Junk right now because I feel I have paid ad fees (photo gallery) to be harassed. Feels like a total waste after 4-5 days. Going to hang in there for now knowing there are some racers out there that these parts are perfect for since they are priced right and/or unavailable any longer. I'm having to text back on a non-smart phone which is a pain. Give me the old rotary phones with 4 digit numbers.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 PM
yep4sale
SHOW GUEST

hey we have all been there and done that with these scammers and a lot of us report them over and over again to only turn around and see them back on the sight trying to take advantage of good folks that are trying to get into this great hobby by listing way way below market value cars . like a 1963 split window comes to mind 18.000 bucks needs nothing a bullet mustang 12.999 who does that . I use to get so mad reporting 3/5 a day then I found myself reporting up near 10 A DAY . BOTTOM LINE IS WE HAVE TO WATCH EACH OTHERS BACK AND PUT the warnings up here just like you have done here . hang in there I have made a lot of friends on this sight and have gotten good advise and good parts when needed . almost got burnt once but like all the guy.s/// gal,s will tell you and keep this in mind if they refuse to call you then mark it off as a scammer . believe it or not there are still good folks out there . keep reporting when possible . if you keep that attitude along with the other 30,000 people a day reporting these dumb a$$$es we just may run them off . the scary thing is to me is they keep coming back and that just tells me that there scam has worked in the past for them not to give up . here is a better idea they should get a real job and donate to society
Old 05-29-2019, 07:25 PM
jrsmith440
SHOW GUEST

I'm with you, some of these must work or they would go away. Age and health have left us just a few large items left to sell. Hate to leave the sport we love but its time. Most everything is too much, too many tools in the garage, too many tools in the barn and too many tools in the trailer. Will report these clowns as I come across them. Thanks for the comeback and encouragement.