News from the Pits.....

Old 01-07-2012, 03:49 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

dd i know we have never met but for some reason this is really bothering me. man i hate to know i have a freind out there and hes hurtin.are you sure you cant work shit out?dont matter whos right or wrong as long as there is some kinda hope for a future together.i have a friend who i used to ride with, he lives for his bike and the road. hes so far into the biker life he wont ever be able to live like me and most of the rest of the world. he wanted to also but the road kept callin him home.now hes oldcant ride and lives in a shack on the mississippi river with his bike in there with him.lol right next to a cot he sleeps on .and hes happy. i mean hes really happy.and it bothers me that hes out there alone.i dont know what im trying to say its just im worried i quess.i know your a smart man so brother make sure its got to be this way.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Well boys, I've fought with myself over this for my whole life. I really am genuinely the happiest and at peace with the world when I'm behind the wheel of a race car or in the shop building one. Sounds VERY self centered and it really is. It is what it is and I cannot change it. "I yam wot I yam".
It doesn't make me a bad person, cuz I'm not. What is killin' me is the deep pain that I've brought upon my wife, when I knew all along from day one, It ain't gonna work.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Well boys, I've fought with myself over this for my whole life. I really am genuinely the happiest and at peace with the world when I'm behind the wheel of a race car or in the shop building one. Sounds VERY self centered and it really is. It is what it is and I cannot change it. "I yam wot I yam".
It doesn't make me a bad person, cuz I'm not. What is killin' me is the deep pain that I've brought upon my wife, when I knew all along from day one, It ain't gonna work.
DD I think a lot of us are at best in the shop. That doesn't mean we're bad people. Really nowhere I'd rather be than in my shop with my truck and my dog. Every so often I get out, but every time I do it makes me like being alone in the shop even more! I'm only 43, (been married once, lived with a few other girls), and I've been like this most of my life and the older I get the more I stay to myself. As a kid I didn't go out and party I was too busy working and trying to make a living and I guess I just got use to being alone. My life is simple, I have a little in the bank and I know I would have to change things to be married and I honestly don't think I'm ready for it yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
well zip. ive been married to the same little girl for 33 yrs. be 34 in april. i met her when i was 22 and she was 17. my dad had to take my wife to school while i went to work!true. lol anyway we got divorced in the early 90s. i ran wild drinkin and fightin.she isnt like that. anyway we got divorced and that lasted about a month and a half. then she wanted to get married again and i jumped on it.we went to the court house on our lunch hr.got married then we went back to our jobs.i hadnt changed i dont know why she wanted me back but she did. its been really hard for her to live with someone like me. im a real ass most of the time.im not like you or dd.i need her to help me run true and thats seroius.i stay out of trouble because i dont want to hurt her.not because im a good guy.i have to have her. she is my drug.even thou we fight like cats and dogs, i love and need her.
Hey Outlaw, i'm a Green Mountain boy born on Green Mountain before there was a road up there, right where you live, Titled/birth certificate in Owens-X-Roads Ala. in 1939, most of my relatives lived and di'ed there, although i was moved away as a child, i still go there to visit graves every few yrs.

Zip.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well zip next time your going to be in the area let me know. i sure would like to offer you a meal and a little talk.whats funny about you being born around here is that when you lived in streamwwod il, i probably walked right past your house. i lived in hanover park as a teen.and now ill end my days where you started yours.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear that DD, sometimes its just not meant to be. Thats better than most people who just stay together "because". It just a miserable life if you do...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-08-2012, 05:31 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear this.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 AM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Parting ways

My first wife divorced me for the same reasons. My second wife loves old cars and especially trucks. I had to get her a 49 Chevy Pick-up to keep her happy and quiet. It was worth the money. She loves car shows/cruises and the race track. I keep reminding her that a womans place is in the kitchen, but she won't have any of that. She just wants to get in her truck and drive. I waited 14 years between marriages to find her, and it was well worth the wait.
Keep your chin up and the "right" partner will come along. Your story may have a happy ending yet. Good luck my friend.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

DD this really hurts as I (we) felt we were part of your family. I pray something positive will come out of this.