BBC lifters

Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I do run Morels, they are PBM branded and are cheaper non rebuildable style. They seem to be better then the higher dollar ones. I may run the isky's at some point down the road but in my mind they were called risky for to long to jump on the wagon yet. and I also usually go with what Nyes say about this sort of thing they build enough motors and have little failure and even a smaller issue with lifter failures. I had one go south this year @ norwalks ten grand nationals. started to chirp and caught it between rounds. I normally change them every winter but I did not from 09-10 so it was end of the 2nd year on them and much further then I'd ever taking them runs wise.

USA Performance seems to be the cheapest place to get them and several other parts.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
I do run Morels, they are PBM branded and are cheaper non rebuildable style. They seem to be better then the higher dollar ones. I may run the isky's at some point down the road but in my mind they were called risky for to long to jump on the wagon yet. and I also usually go with what Nyes say about this sort of thing they build enough motors and have little failure and even a smaller issue with lifter failures. I had one go south this year @ norwalks ten grand nationals. started to chirp and caught it between rounds. I normally change them every winter but I did not from 09-10 so it was end of the 2nd year on them and much further then I'd ever taking them runs wise.

USA Performance seems to be the cheapest place to get them and several other parts.
How many passes you make in a year? I know it is a butt load.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

Latley 250-350 give or take depending on the year. It also does not help that I am hard on the throttle cable and nitrous a lot at the finish line
Old 12-07-2010, 04:57 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Latley 250-350 give or take depending on the year. It also does not help that I am hard on the throttle cable and nitrous a lot at the finish line
David when you gonna quit racing part time and get serious about it :?: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477

David when you gonna quit racing part time and get serious about it :?: :lol: :wink: :wink:
lol actually it feels part time from what I used to race back 02-06 I put double that on a year, raced fri-sun sometimes more if possible. ahh to have no worries or bills again lol
Old 12-11-2010, 06:04 AM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

I run Morel lifters in a BBC.Mine are branded under Howards Cams Pro Max lifters.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
badhabit446
SHOW GUEST

I run the (PBM) Morels lifters and change them at 200 runs no matter what. Normally put 350-400 runs a year on my motor.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

ARE YOU CHANGING THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING BAD OR DO YOU FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD BE CHANGED,I ASSUMING WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SOLID ROLLER LIFTERS?HOW OFTEN SHOULD THEY BE CHANGED?AND DO YOU CHANGE CAM & LIFTERS OR JUST LIFTERS?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default BBC lifters

So what is the deal with quality roller lifters anymore? Does no one sell a reasonably priced lifter that can make it safely to a normal engine rebuild cycle?
I am talking $350 range. We didn't use to be that concerned with lifter failures. For bracket racing use with 250# spring pressure and less than .800" lift, why can't we expect that roller lifters could last as long as the rest of the engine before rebuild or replacement.

And what is the deal with high quality names like Comp Cams 819 BBC lifter not being good enough to rely on? Are they using inferior materials, leaving out hardening steps, using low grade needle bearings, or having them made overseas?

Is Morel the only company anyone has any faith in? What different Morel BBC lifters are there to chose from?

And why would a repackager like PBM be able to sell a better lasting lifter than Comp Cams?

Was Comp Cams having quality problems and since corrected it and still no one will use them?

Too much snow and not much else to do today.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

This has been a great topic, i am really enjoying everyone sharing there input, I have been hearing of so many people having bbc solid roller lifter failure and i am trying to do some planning for another bbc. Thanks, Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -