Something to talk about.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

i kinda had the same deal,but i was the seller,in the winter time i refurbish old kawasaki's like 900's and 1000;s anyway,i did one a few years back,front to back everything new except the motor.even sent the factory wheels off to Texas to get chromed..this kz was off the hook clean.but all i had in it was 2250.00 bucks.so up for sell it went.for 2500.00 a young kid from about 200 miles away bought it.when we met he could not believe i was selling this bike to him for 2300.00 bucks.i slapped him on the back and said be safe and have fun..and it kept me busy all winter rebuilding it....
Old 02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

gungho & bjuice

Love the stories, I was LMAO the whole time i was reading.

These are truely the memoriors of our lives. We've taken the time out to share our stories on RJ, may I suggest you copy and paste your short story to a word document and print, start a scrape book of you own. One day hopefully long after we are gone someone in our lives may have the opportunity to take the time to read about our past and laugh their as_ off just as we did after our road trip adventures.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
race1155
SHOW GUEST

I SOLD A 69 FIREBIRD DRAG CAR FROM N.J. TO A GUY IN C.A. AND I TOOK PITCHERS OF EVERY SCRATCH ON THE DAME CAR I WAS A WRECK . I DIDN'T WANT HIM TO HAVE ANY SURPRISES WHEN HE GOT THE CAR.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

your right i have sold 4 or 5 by internet and all of them was stressful and my stuff was GOOD PIECE'S....tough road sellinng this stuff by internet.

Frankly there are just some looney Tunes out here.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

My first sale on here was a fairly big ticket item in my book. A '66 Nova pro street. It had been on here awhile lots of interesting offers, then i lowered my price to cash no trades got a serious offer and we agreed and i would meet half way. Well after two weekends of bad weather and a couple other offers that i told him about he said don't sell he wants it. So i said i need some money to show me you're serious. He overnites me $5000 and finally two weeks later we meet and he was totally happy. Whew, talk about butterflies.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Beast talking about stress..let me briefly as i can run you thru the highpoints of getting my 63 vette.

1- had 65 blown nova,chassis shop double railing car after bad ride down track where chassis was over powered.
2- was dis-pleased with chassis shop.
3- found other chassis shop took car to them.
4- this is where i met the 63 vette, that was about to be sent to Miami Fla
5- Made offer on vette got turndown..not enough money on the offer
6- advertised 65 nova on RJ ( i had 2 weeks to sell and come up with Money for vette) got a Buyer on line but Job had to be finshed in 2 weeks for buyer to pick up with my cash and before vette went South. :shock:
7- Buyer sent me a deposit
8- i was traveling out of town and was taking his calls on car up dates in return i had to call the chassis shop and keep the heat on them to get car done. hundreds of dollars spent on last minute drop shipment parts..etc...

9- Buyer made the 700 mile trip to get the car while it was still at chassis shop,so any questions could be ask about chassi etc.. ( you know how stressful this can be)
10- got the money after a day of courting (which is good) made it one day before Vette was to leave and purchased it and got it home..

fast forward 2 years...Vette is sold to man in Canada...

Are we crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :roll: :lol: :shock:

Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

HEY GUYS!I started working on cars before there were PCs and internet.YOU KNOW ,me and my buddies would always take those trips in the fall after the tracks closed.Some of my best memorys were going and looking at some project cars and some pos.Then Ihad 2 sons and we still go on a couple of these trips looking for parts at some of the flea markets.When you can put your hand on the parts before you go into your pocket,you usually are safer.FISHMANJOE.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:57 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Beast talking about stress..let me briefly as i can run you thru the highpoints of getting my 63 vette.

1- had 65 blown nova,chassis shop double railing car after bad ride down track where chassis was over powered.
6- advertised 65 nova on RJ ( i had 2 weeks to sell and come up with Money for vette) got a Buyer on line but Job had to be finshed in 2 weeks for buyer to pick up with my cash and before vette went South. :shock:
8- i was traveling out of town and was taking his calls on car up dates in return i had to call the chassis shop and keep the heat on them to get car done. hundreds of dollars spent on last minute drop shipment parts..etc...

9- Buyer made the 700 mile trip to get the car while it was still at chassis shop,so any questions could be ask about chassi etc.. ( you know how stressful this can be)
10- got the money after a day of courting (which is good) made it one day before Vette was to leave and purchased it and got it home..

A little crazy? Yes. It must be we have to stress a LITTLE to be able to enjoy our next venture. Because selling the '66 financed a nice golf cart that i picked up on the return trip and the build of the new "540" That now i'm stressing over till it gets down the track. Then it will be something else.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Originally Posted by bjuice

A little crazy? Yes. It must be we have to stress a LITTLE to be able to enjoy our next venture. Because selling the '66 financed a nice golf cart that i picked up on the return trip and the build of the new "540" That now i'm stressing over till it gets down the track. Then it will be something else.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
lmao...good one..i like the last part...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -