Opinions from my buds.....or anyone that wants to give one.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Depends on what the camaro looked like and how bad I wanted it....wouldn't buy it until he fixed the title..but if I really wanted it I'd allow him to straighten it out.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Id give him a little time. Most people I know that buy a car thats not going to be daily driver. Usually don't tag it until they sell it or start driving it. Here we have to have insurance on the vechile just to change the title over. I don't think not having it changed into his name makes him a bad trader. Most people dont realize how hard it is to get title work done, hes probably finding that out right now. MV always finds something that you have to go back and do.
I'd give him a little time, but don't let your guard down.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:47 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I left the deal dead, but I did tell him if he brought the car to me with the title in his name and in his hand and could pass NC DMV title requirements , I would CONSIDER trading him, he really gave me no other worries in terms of honesty. The Camaro is currently disassembled with most everything to put it together (I really don't mind putting it back together), in NC, it MUST be streetworthy and running to obtain a title, you have ONE YEAR to obtain the NC DMV title inspection post purchase. If you put a '48 Olds body (how about that choice Eric) on a new Corvette, Mustang, etc. chassis, it is considered a new car and you are taxed at the current years value! That is why the state now requires the inspections. What a ripoff!! But anyways gentlemen, thanks for the opinions.
Later,