fastest trans brake on the market

Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 PM
fram
SHOW GUEST

Default just looking at your fastest brake,has any one tried TCI or

or ATI or trans spesholist,?????? let me no if any one has tried these kinds, i was reading that TCI has 2 a fast, and a relly fast and ones ajustabel, and ATI,says they have super spring looded fast brake, ??? has any one tred these??? thanks for your help " FRAM" THATS ME 8) :roll: 8)
Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: just looking at your fastest brake,has any one tried TCI

Originally Posted by fram
or ATI or trans spesholist,?????? let me no if any one has tried these kinds, i was reading that TCI has 2 a fast, and a relly fast and ones ajustabel, and ATI,says they have super spring looded fast brake, ??? has any one tred these??? thanks for your help " FRAM" THATS ME 8) :roll: 8)

ok not trying to be waise azz but can someone decifer this for me
Old 01-30-2010, 12:40 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

when chatting with my trans guy yesterday, he said must trans shops that do their own valve bodies have a lot of little tricks to slow/speed things up in the way the do their valve body. But there was also a few other tricks you can do. I mentioned his # above, I am sure Marco would do the same tricks.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:44 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

LITTLEROD TRANS SPECIALTIES MAKES A MEAN BRAKE, RELEASE THE BUTTON & IT LAUNCHES OFF IN ALL DIRECTIONS :shock: :shock:
Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

DO NOT CLICK SPELL CHECK. DOING SO MAY CRASH THE SERVER!!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
RAPPTOR23
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default BRAKE

I HAVE A NEW BTE GLIDE. TRANS BRAKE SEEMS SLOW. ALSO WHEN I PUT IT IN NUETRAL AFTER RUN ,IT TAKES ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO COAST.. NORMAL??

The reason I suggest Marco is for the info he has on hand and what he can test. Marco's trans dyno measures pressures and I am almost positive can capture the reaction speed of the brake making sure that the fastest brake can go into the application. Not many builders have this to offer. It is just slap them together and ship them out.[/quote]

You are absolutly right, i don't know of any trans builders that have a trans dyno, maybe Abruzzi has played with these valves to get them to release quicker, i'm familar with BTE,TCI and they surly just slap them together. I personly have 2 trans with TSR electic shift valve bodies, and they won't leave on a 4.0 tree, maybe 4.40, with the 1.76 low gear, i haven't tried the trans with 1.80 straight cuts yet. i can't afford one of Marco's trans, but i do know he's top of the line. PTC (Kenny Ford) is a personal friend but i don't have one of his trans, but i do use his converters.

Zip.[/quote]
Old 02-21-2011, 03:10 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
DO NOT CLICK SPELL CHECK. DOING SO MAY CRASH THE SERVER!!
Welcome back Todd. Did you move to Mexico? :shock:
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: BRAKE

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR23
I HAVE A NEW BTE GLIDE. TRANS BRAKE SEEMS SLOW. ALSO WHEN I PUT IT IN NUETRAL AFTER RUN ,IT TAKES ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO COAST.. NORMAL??

The reason I suggest Marco is for the info he has on hand and what he can test. Marco's trans dyno measures pressures and I am almost positive can capture the reaction speed of the brake making sure that the fastest brake can go into the application. Not many builders have this to offer. It is just slap them together and ship them out.
You are absolutly right, i don't know of any trans builders that have a trans dyno, maybe Abruzzi has played with these valves to get them to release quicker, i'm familar with BTE,TCI and they surly just slap them together. I personly have 2 trans with TSR electic shift valve bodies, and they won't leave on a 4.0 tree, maybe 4.40, with the 1.76 low gear, i haven't tried the trans with 1.80 straight cuts yet. i can't afford one of Marco's trans, but i do know he's top of the line. PTC (Kenny Ford) is a personal friend but i don't have one of his trans, but i do use his converters.

Zip.[/quote][/quote]

RAPPTOR23

Are you local?, Reason i ask is that Jimmy Smith and i both have 2 TSR electric shift valve bodies and we both are friends with Kenny Ford, and use his converters, in fact Kenny used to own my Malibu/(avatar), Jimmie's trans is the one i made several release valves for and at 3,000 LBs and a 360" motor he has to roll .015/,020 into the delay box to keep from redliting on a 4.0 tree. This is not fluke, he has to do it every pass. In fact one nite at Holly Springs he went red by .013, one of the guys said LUCKY DOG, well he said wait for the next pass, he rolled in .015 and went 4.004, the guy shut his mouth after that :lol:

Zip.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:49 AM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default reply

Hey guys,

I know one thing, if your front suspension is NOT set up correctly per your power and weight ratio of the chassis, you could have the most expensive trans, t-brake, fluid and parts money can by, and still be slow! :shock:

Example; I hate to use myself as an exapmle but maybe it will help others, I have a 3500lb Elcamino with a glide, a Dedenbear case with a roller bearing tail hsg. now, pretty good internals, and a trans guy here in Detroit that does have a dyno and sets up all his racing transmissions with it and I have NEVER had a problem with his work.

Ok, back to my example, (IF) YOUR CHASSIS SUSPENSION IS NOT SET UP PER YOUR POWER LEVEL, YOU WILL BE CHASING YOUR TAIL! DID YOU ALL GET THAT? :wink:

I had my front suspension set to be as loose as possible with them cool 90/10 shocks many have and talk about, and I went red alot due to the front end popping up, before it moved forward. (THIS) is the key area to dig into prior to buying a trans, rear gear and tires sizes imo. I have one of them GM Heavy Chevy's with stock front suspension and QA1 12 way adj. shocks.

I now have a 4 link backhalf in my Elky and I now cut some pretty good lights because I am moving forward first, and not up. If you know what your car does on the hit, you can adj. once you have the right trans gear ratio, cov. and rear gear and tire stuff figured out.

I see a lot of cars that POP UP, and then take off, and mine used to be the same way, and it is a balancing act for sure, but once you get things sorted out, lookout as your headed for the winners circle more than once! :wink:

I have an ATI brake that I bet is faster than electricity and it proves it to me every once in a while when I go red, but boy is it ever quick!!! That's what I use and it has worked great for me since 2004 and it made it thru one blown up trans so far. Used parts suck in a trans :cry:

Good luck this year guys and be safe, and have fun.

Elkyman
John