Something to talk about.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:16 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It's the journey not the destination :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The short bus leaves in 18 minutes for a field trip !! LOAD UP !!!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Ok,

You all know about the 1000 mile trip in 18 hours, Well heres one for you.

Just went and looked at a nice lil pro streeter 20 minutes from my house. It isn't listed on the internet, it is one of those "word of mouths deals" you always hear about, after its too late.

The boys and I were reluctant to even go to look at this car. We did not really want to go at all after our last venture. Matter a fact, I think the comments I heard when we were loading up in the car kinda went something like this, "What kind of POS we going to look at now? I bet this is worse than the last? Dad, Your gonna have to quit draggin me out on these wild goose chases, Quit trying to find the car you want, just build it yourself. Your just too damb picky.

After comments like that, from the ones you love, all you can do is sit back, drive, feel the pressure building with every mile and pray that when you get to your destination, the car sitting in the garage, at least, has 4 tires, a battery and a windshield.

Well guys, I got lucky and pulled this one out my As_. Just so happends, It is one of the nicest cars I have seen in a few years. Proved a point to them young whipper snappers, The ol man has still got a few runs left in him.

Since then, I have been strutting around nose up and chest fully expanded. I have proven to my boys that you can't keep an ol man down. Determination has once again raised my level of respect around the shop.

Ain't that something!!! Needless to say, we could not beleive we found such a nice car in our back yard.

I informed the owner of the car that I would be making him an offer in the next few days. We'll just have to see if it all works out.

Guys, all I can say is; Keep making those trips with your sons, daughters, fathers, grandfathers or your best friend. Memories like these, truely are priceless and the happen to be some of the best shop talk you'll ever hear.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Is it going to be a stressful ride? :shock:
Old 02-12-2009, 07:07 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

YEp,YEP,same deal,heard or a 97 chevy Ex cab,chopped,tubbed,suiside doors,(sorry cant spell that word)new inside,all that good stuff,Boyd wheels.went to look at it,and well.tires wore out,been keyed down driver side,doors would barely latch.and had a bad stumble,he was asking 12500.00 i told him way to rough for me.well 1 day later he called and said O.k come get it 7000.00 i said deal,One new fuel filter,fixed the stumble,where it had been keyed.just layed in some tribal flame art work.all the doors needed were new latches.it turned out to be a good deal after all..So dont be afraid to go look.you never know what it may look like..
Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bigray
YEp,YEP,same deal,heard or a 97 chevy Ex cab,chopped,tubbed,suiside doors,(sorry cant spell that word)new inside,all that good stuff,Boyd wheels.went to look at it,and well.tires wore out,been keyed down driver side,doors would barely latch.and had a bad stumble,he was asking 12500.00 i told him way to rough for me.well 1 day later he called and said O.k come get it 7000.00 i said deal,One new fuel filter,fixed the stumble,where it had been keyed.just layed in some tribal flame art work.all the doors needed were new latches.it turned out to be a good deal after all..So dont be afraid to go look.you never know what it may look like..
You were close - *suicide*

I really enjoyed reading this post, it brought back lots of memories, good and bad.
Thankfully most every deal I've ever made were "good deals"
I want to add one more thing - I want to thank Racingjunk
Without this website most of us wouldn't have been able to make these deals - personally most if not all of my mine would have never happened.
Just wanted to throw that out there
Later> Cp
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

CP

So Simple, is your response, but yet so true.
You hit the nail on the head right there buddy.

RJ has most definately made a lot of my own dreams come true and brought me in touch with many race fans who care about the racing industry. In a way its kind of like an extended family. Many members on RJ have an amazing amount of racing knowledge & experience and do not mind sharing their knowledge with others.

Time to remove my hat.
Thanks,
RJ
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
dgordner
JUNIOR BUILDER

My so and I Drove all the way to Alabama from Pa. to look at a 68 Chevelle that the guy said was really nice. Pictures looked good from a distance. Drove around the car at the Military base and headed directly back to Pa. Recently (3 weeks ago) drove to western Ohio from Pa. to look at a 70 Javelin. Pictures looked really good. Came home without it. Fun with my son!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

same here guys..i been around since April 2003..met a lot of people, bought and sold many parts etc.....Seen many people come and go on the forum..even those who leave come back,they may try to hide and sneak in but i can see them...lol...
seriously many newbie's that come in here stompin and snorting about different things trying to get us regulars to side with them before both sides are heard....then they accuse us of being a little tight Clickish group because we ask hard questions seraching for the truth..but you know something.. they are Right !..we are a tight clickish group....LMAO 8) ..we got a good group of guys here..serioulsy probably the best day to day core contributing members i have seen since i been on here...

My hats off to all you guys for making the forum what it is and puttin up with Me as your Mod... :wink:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Newbies

I have to say there are a lot of great people on here, and many who will help whatever way they can. I have also been around since 2003, but I am a newbie to the forum section. Some people are certainly stompin and snortin, but if they have conviction they are right and are upset because the opening questions are one sided and not directed to both sides, they might just have a point. The questioning should always be to both until one or the other moves the scales in their favor with solid proof. And then those who were doing the asking, should acknowledge those who proved their cases, thats the only fair thing to do. At one time or another we were ALL NEWBIES. Not all new people are bad, and for every carl1970 or Dick Gaylord there are 50 great ones. Every night I look on this site because I enjoy hunting for the parts I need and this site is a great place to buy and sell. Thanks to this forum, I will certainly do my homework before I purchase anything and I will also better document and photograph anything I might decide to sell. I have gotten a lot of good advice here the last three weeks, and have taken responsability to be a better RJ member by acting on that advice, filling out my profile and giving all the info related to me as a person to help others hopefully build trust. That's all a newbie can do.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Thank You

Thank you for letting me know. I was trying to be delicate and correct. I see exactly what you are saying and can understand your stances 99.9% of the time. I believe I am still a little touchy with my situation. I go so far out of my way to be a stand up guy because I was raised that way, but being a newbie, I can understand that I have to prove myself to this forum and it's longtime members. What I dont understand is how people question a situation (not singling out, just some in general), ask for answers, get those answers, and then never acknowledge the case was proven and move on to the next interesting thread. If you have ever been accused, then you know how I feel about having the question remain in some peoples eyes with no acknowledgement. Being a Mod, you know the guy has even changed his names multiple times in the last three weeks to hide, deleted all his profile info and along the way admitted every single thing I said and more. That has to tell people something. I just hope you who can look at IP addresses, know who he becomes and expose his new names to save the other members from this experience.