Chinese look a like Little-M block

Old 08-15-2009, 12:38 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Chinese look a like Little-M block

We have one in shop right now and have looked it over and checked it for brinnel test and it seems to be a very soft block as it tested in the low 140's

To give you an idea a 010 block is around 180ish and SHP block tested mid 190's and the Little-M and Big-M are mid 230's because of the nickel content.

It lools like the block is finished honed and I have not probed it out for locations for deck heights, cylinder bore loctaions, lifter bore locations ETC.

Looks like once the cylinders were honed they decked the blocka nd left a burr at the top of the cylinder as there is a zero chamfer on the tops of the cylinders.

The lifter bores have a huge ridge at the top and on the bottom of the bores I would assume from machining the soft cast iron.

With that soft of bore it would wear the cylinders out in a short time as well as the lifter bores.

The rear main cap is not even flat where the pump sets on and they have welded what it looks like a insert where the threads are.

I will post pics later on and what we find for demensions in another thead.

For right now it does not look like a very high end peice and is surely a copy cat of the Dart Little-M block

I beleive PBM is selling them with their name on them!!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Are these blocks better or worse than a factory 400 4 bolt main?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:58 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

BUY AMERICAN !!!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:14 PM
mopar1962
JUNIOR BUILDER

x2 140? thats weaker than a standard block.Time to pay a visit....
Old 08-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
BUY AMERICAN !!!
I agree but you probably have more China crap than you care to believe. MADE IN AMERICA doesn't always mean it was MADE IN AMERICA.

FACT!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

SAD BUT TRUE :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:
Old 08-15-2009, 06:24 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Only a %(I belive 60) of total cost OF THE PRODUCT including advertiseing to be called "MADE in the USA" :roll: :roll:
Old 08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I worked for a company that had some stuff made in CHINA then unboxed it, washed it in a hot tank, stamped the part number on it with a pin stamp and "USA" and repacked it.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I worked for a company that had some stuff made in CHINA then unboxed it, washed it in a hot tank, stamped the part number on it with a pin stamp and "USA" and repacked it.
You know that's illegal right? The owners of the business can be fined and jailed by the US government for doing that.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by Tod74
You know that's illegal right? The owners of the business can be fined and jailed by the US government for doing that.
By the same governmant that's lying to us by telling me my TAXES WANT GO UP to pay for all these wounderfull stimulus ideas?! Sad, but you are right!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -