lifetime Chevy man switches to a Ford (for now)!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Havana is a 1/8th mile track, it doesnt have a transbrake so I will be foot braking the car. I can't wait till spring!

tell ya what Cris when u get use to the car and all..you might wanna check into that Stock suspension drag radial class...man they got that class down here and its a Hoot....thats what i am building my pro-charger for in my 69 camaro.

those stangs work very well in that class from what i have seen down here.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

I've said it before...I'll say it again. That Stang is SICK! I'd love to put some miles on it for you. I'm just sayin...I wouldn't do it for just anybody, but I'd help you out.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bluegrassjh
I've said it before...I'll say it again. That Stang is SICK! I'd love to put some miles on it for you. I'm just sayin...I wouldn't do it for just anybody, but I'd help you out.
You arent the only one, my buddy had one the same color back in the early 90's, now he is trying to figure out how to knock off his ol lady, collect the insurance and buy it from me! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-05-2009, 03:16 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well But I could use some seat tiem in a Foxbody Stang whileai am building mine. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :P :P
Old 10-08-2009, 10:10 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: lifetime Chevy man switches to a Ford (for now)!

Well all my life I have owned Bowtie hotrods, 3 1968 Camaros, 85 Camaro, 84 Camaro drag car, 1979 Camaro, etc...
I just could not pass up the deal on this one, 2 owner 91 Mustang LX, 33000 original miles, guy I got it from bought it in 95 and only took it to the track and car shows, parked in in 2002, pulled it back out in 2006 and went nuts, Ford Motorsports 460 Cobra Jet crate motor, QA1 tubular crossmember and front suspension, TCI Street Fighter C6 tranny and stall, all South Sise rear suspension, Moser 8.8 rear axle and on and on and on...
He drove the car maybe 50 miles when he finished it then parked it again in 07. I bought it with no battery and covered with dust. Put in battery, filled with fuel and it fired right up! When I asked why he was getting rid of it he says "he just got bored with the car"!
Did I mention the motor has 550 horsepower and 535 foot lbs of torque!Tell me, would you get bored with that :?:

I'M WORKING ON THIS FOR US, MAYBE WE CAN SAVE A LIL DIGNITY WHILE DRIVIN OUR FORDS...
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: lifetime Chevy man switches to a Ford (for now)!

Originally Posted by bluegrassjh
Well all my life I have owned Bowtie hotrods, 3 1968 Camaros, 85 Camaro, 84 Camaro drag car, 1979 Camaro, etc...
I just could not pass up the deal on this one, 2 owner 91 Mustang LX, 33000 original miles, guy I got it from bought it in 95 and only took it to the track and car shows, parked in in 2002, pulled it back out in 2006 and went nuts, Ford Motorsports 460 Cobra Jet crate motor, QA1 tubular crossmember and front suspension, TCI Street Fighter C6 tranny and stall, all South Sise rear suspension, Moser 8.8 rear axle and on and on and on...
He drove the car maybe 50 miles when he finished it then parked it again in 07. I bought it with no battery and covered with dust. Put in battery, filled with fuel and it fired right up! When I asked why he was getting rid of it he says "he just got bored with the car"!
Did I mention the motor has 550 horsepower and 535 foot lbs of torque!Tell me, would you get bored with that :?:

I'M WORKING ON THIS FOR US, MAYBE WE CAN SAVE A LIL DIGNITY WHILE DRIVIN OUR FORDS...

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!
You know the emblem on my Mustang grille is missing...hmmmm...

Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

Steeda makes a direct replacement emblem for the Foxbody. Thats what I've got planned. You can get em from Jegs.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

What I am prolly going to do with my Ford emblem on the front is fill it in and then have someone airbrush one on or airbrush something else in that spot.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Harb,

I like your ride!! Should be a blast to drive....
Old 10-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well its listed on RJ for sale right now, love the car but I gotta get back into a bowtie before I start developing a rash! :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -