HOW TO LOCK YOUR CAR

Old 09-07-2009, 03:24 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I heard about this for a year or so. I'm the worst about locking doors. I HATE LOCKS. I never lock my truck by the door switch. Always lock it with my key fob when i'm walking away.
I need to start paying more attention to things like this.
I still think if someone is caught stealing we should just kill em on the spot. Maybe that would slow down some of this kind of crap.

If you have a GPS do not put your home address in it. Put some place close to your house. Mine was stolen out of my truck (last Christmas) and I was scared they would come to my house, my parents house, etc.
why would you put your home address in a GPS,you don't know how to get there :?: :roll:
I was being nice and not bring that up.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:55 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I heard about this for a year or so. I'm the worst about locking doors. I HATE LOCKS. I never lock my truck by the door switch. Always lock it with my key fob when i'm walking away.
I need to start paying more attention to things like this.
I still think if someone is caught stealing we should just kill em on the spot. Maybe that would slow down some of this kind of crap.

If you have a GPS do not put your home address in it. Put some place close to your house. Mine was stolen out of my truck (last Christmas) and I was scared they would come to my house, my parents house, etc.
why would you put your home address in a GPS,you don't know how to get there :?: :roll:
Well no. I travel a lot racing. Was in South Haven, Ks. 2 weeks ago, will be in Charleston, Wv. next weekend. Most of the time I don't go and come the same way. Just makes it easy to hit the "Home" button vs. getting the map out.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

I'm not saying that all the remotes of today are using the rolling code technology and apparently your gate opener and garage opener use the older fixed code. And there isn't anything wrong with that. I have to assume they went to the rolling codes for cars and trucks since vehicles are stolen more than garages are opened and gates opened. And maybe if you went and looked at garage door openers, the more expensive ones have the rolling codes for peace of mind and extra protection.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:30 AM
thecurti
JUNIOR BUILDER

After my truck got the window smashed and the cheap cd player stolen, I installed a small blinking red light on the dash that came on when the ignition was off. Never had another problem. I'm sure a Pro wouldn't care, but it made them think twice about it. Sometimes that's all it takes is a second thought.
Geeez I hate a petty, low, slithering, thief
Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

my job takes me into the south side of chicago, I got tired of replacing windows in my van. I leave the truck open with nothing in the front. back of the trucks is locked heavy big locks , plated on the inside . there welcome to steal my cold coffee!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Another hint. If you have a radar detector or GPS that uses a suction cup on the windshield, you leave a mark that thieves recognize.
Dave
Old 09-08-2009, 07:09 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

you guys would laugh if you saw my spare tires. we paint them rim & all from new with floresent orange with floresent green stripes. we put 1 in cables on them and there cutting them with battery cutoff wheels. since painting them we havent lost any. :idea:
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I think it should be legal to booby trap your stuff.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Original post, mixture of truth and deception: http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp
Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

someone passed the info on to me and I was passing it on to others to mayby help them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -