etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Awsome ride!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
SHE JUST WANTS TO MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T DRIVE "HER" CAR AGAIN :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: ----ONLY KIDDING BRIAN :lol: :lol:
LOL..Dennis believe it or not you ar SOOO right...she hates me getting in her ride and running better et's..that why it doesn't happen much..but i guess she feels sorry for me when i am standing at the track lookig like a lost puppy dog with nothing to drive...LOL...

Thanks for all the compliments guys...this stuff will get deep in your pockets and this is ME DOING THE WORK..a good example of this is the #4 90 degree a/n fittings coming out of the 4 port regulator was $65.00 by itself...whewwwww......

later gator..Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

UP DATE ON THE VETTE PROGRESS.
well to start off with its my Birthday today 7/27.....so not doing too much today...anyhow.

1- Got the fuel cell mounted in the car had to fab new brackets and also replace the stock #8 fittings to a #12 at the sump..also had to place a #8 return and also went from a #6 to #8 vent tube..so thats mounted.

2- went thru the fuel pump and filter,cleaned all the residue and tested the fuel pump.ordered new filter element..so all this is buttoned up in the trunk area...will run a few gallons of regular gas thru the lines before hooking to carbs.

3- Fabbed up my throttle linkage all that is in working order.."pretty tough job fabbing up a throttle linkage from firewall on a sheet metal intake for a pair of dominaters.

4- i worked and worked and worked..and finally got the Dry sump pump and tank..MOUNTED AND PLUMBED...its ready to go....this was really a challanging job since when the vette was built it was using a wet sump motor.

5- in order to get the dry sump to bolt up ..i had to get a scirooco style ALUMINUM RADITATOR 13x22 ..from AFCO..and moved it forward about 8 inches..i had to fab new brakets to mount the radiator....

this doesn't sound like a lot but its taken a good bit of my time and effort.. i will not do something 1/2 A$$..if its not done right i will not do it at all....

so that leaves..
#1- tranny and install it...probably going with tranny speacilties
#2- replace the springs and possibly the shocks..they are just 2 old
#3- buy a 2nd battery (red top) have one already.
#4- hook up iginition also place sprak plugs and check wires.
#5- bolt and seal up headers..look at some possible mufflers..they have 5 inch collectrs..running them straight would sound very loud..too loud.
#6 - will have the new 15x15 rear wheels converted to bead locks.
#7 - im sure there will be other small stuff to work out.

#8- i am going to get with Allen Pittman (ex-pro-mod) car owner/Driver.."GRAVEDIGGER" about setting car up...etc....
any one remember the PRO-MOD CAR 'Grave Digger"...

if not Allen i will contact QUANN Stott last year's PRO-MOD world champion that drives a 63 vette..."LEE-BOY".......this will have to be in his off -season cause he travles a good bit on the PRO-MOD circuit

Quann has run a 3.72 et in the 1/8 mile at 189 mph...how is that for running ???

whewwww...keep plugging...

The pictures of my Vette will not longer pull up ( only red "x"'s) ..but thats NO problem..i will take new ones without the dust this time and post them back..i know how to do this now

have a good weekend..

Brian
Old 07-27-2007, 08:53 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian first thing is Happy Birthday and hope you have a good one. Man it all sounds good and I know how you feel about getting whose things done. And I know how fast things happen NOT VERY. Well I know you will get it in the end and it will be super fine. Brian when you get time you need to check out my brothers truck he has a pertty bad ride too. Very happy for you keep up your good work.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

For some reason i cant see pics.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

Happy Birthday Brian. On you I toast my 100th post! :P :P :P :shock:

-Tanner
Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Happy Birthday Brian

And Carl please fix up the pictures :P
Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

well to start off with its my Birthday today 7/27.....so not doing too much today...anyhow.
no way man....... :shock: your birthday, that is cool, It is a great day for birthdays, mine is today also.... july 27, 1955..... :lol:

and the simpson's movie opens today... what a day. My daughter wants to take me to see that this weekend for my birthday, my wife wont go.... she doesnot like Homer... :cry:
happy birthday brian....
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

same to you ed..you got me by a little bit,,,but i am still old enough to know better...those leo's are soemthing else huh ed ???..

have fun and be safe..the wife and i are heading out to eat then watch a minor league ball game at a new park inside the city..

see you guys later,,

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -