(( WARNING )) DYNOFLO ENGINES BAD DEALINGS

Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
ratfink1969
APPRENTICE

I just read all 22 pages including all the links and now that my eyes are burning I wanted to take the time to thank everybody that gave productive input pro/con. This thread was one thing but the links really sold me or unsold me on Dyno-flow. I will pay the local shop extra to have it done.
I really got screwed on a car I bought off of ebay from a private party and really think that this post may have helped save me those same headaches. Thank GOD sights like this have Scammer watch lists.
Ryan
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
cujo
APPRENTICE

Default hey

I just felt the sting that some of you guys have felt. I bought a 540 from a guy who knows a friend of mine ,the friend said the guy takes great care of his motors. I put it in my dragster started it up and my carb put to much alky in it i changed the oil sent the carb to rupert got it back worked great. Took the car to the track started it and heared somthing ,shut it off and took it home. Pulled the intake off found 2 bad lifters that didn't match the others and a lifter boar damanged,took the heads off and found that the boars were worn out (have to boar to larger size) crank has a crack in it, an at some piont while the guy raced it a screw got into two cylinders and beat the pistons and head up, rod bushing all no good ,intake valves all bad. And he said you did put alot of alky through it . Machine shop says the guy is full of it . GUY SAYS THERE ARE ONLY 25 PASSES ON THE MOTOR ,oh yea was about to spin three bearrings. Just found out they had the wrong head gaskets pistons were hittig the heads.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

this post has been moved...

thanks Brian ' beetlejuice"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
cujo
APPRENTICE

Default hey

The guy i got this motor from says today his friend who's car it was in put it together last (that guy passed away last year so i can't talk to him). My other friend had to hear it from the machine shop guy that i got screwed. I told the machine shop guy to itemize the damage and what caused it (I THINK WERE HEADED TO COURT THE GUY TOLD ME THE MOTOR WAS MOTOR WAS IN GREAT SHAPE)! I think the machine shop guy felt bad for me because he asked me if i was getting my money back or have him pay for getting it fixed.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:16 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Not wanting to step on any toes...let's keep this thread about dynaslow.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:53 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

It seems I hurt some feelings by asking NICELY to keep this thread about what it is and not get off on another topic.

I apologize to everyone that feels I did them wrong.

For those that feel I was out of line, please have the respect to pm me and we can discuss it.
Do not run to someone else and complain until I have had an opportunity to explain.

That is the manly thing to do.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Thunder71
APPRENTICE

Default check it out

http://dyno-flo.com/c-d-m-o-s-s.html#anchor2
Old 07-14-2007, 01:54 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: check it out

Originally Posted by Thunder71
i think it sucks. JMO
Old 07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
jenavet
SHOW GUEST

i wrote early in this post that i knew a guy who bought a complete motor from dynoflo last season...i think it was a 565...after 3-4 passes i saw it being towed back to the pits...he told me something went wrong and dyno flo told him to ship it back and they were going to fix it...well i saw him this saturday at the track for the first time this season and i asked him what happened on the deal....

he stated after 3 passes the 3 bolts that hold the timing gear sheared off the camshaft.he spoke to scott at dynoflow and scott agreed to have it shipped back and repaired.....dyno flow allegedly repaired the motor and shipped it back to my freind...scott stated that they were using a new experimental form of loctite and it was failing and had failed in several other motors.

my freind puts the motor back in and makes a few passes and she runs like crap.he pulled the motor and brought it to a local shop.the local shop found the pistons were pretty banged up and she had 4 bent valves and all the valve guides were wiped.....so what dynoflow did is repaired the cam/timing chain problem but didnt inspect or repair any of the resulting damage....

my freind then decided it would be best to disassemble the whole motor and check everything...basically what they found was that every item that dyno flow said was in the motor was...it had all the good parts that were supposed to be in her...but all the clearances were just wack...they said what they found was if someone purchased all the good parts and then just slapped it together with no regards for clearances,tolerances etc...

my freind stated that dynoflow puts the motor together with top notch parts,the price is very good but the assembly and machine work[if any is done at all] is horrendous.after all was said and done,my freind said with all the money he had invested in the motor buying it and then having someone else fix all the problems,he could have bought an excellent piece from like reher-morrison.

you would think with this poor quality workmanship that this would have caught up to them by now...hopefully spreading the word in this manner it will soon.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 AM
excelerater
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

experimental Loctite :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -