It's about time for me to take up DEER HUNTING!!

Old 10-29-2010, 08:44 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I removed my Avatar since I no longer own the Truck or the Celica anymore.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: It's about time for me to take up DEER HUNTING!!

Originally Posted by Tod74
:x :x I just got plowed into by a DEER. Smashed up the whole side of my new(new to me) 300C. This is the 3rd time in the last 7 or 8 years this has happened. All three times the Deer hit me...never the other way around.They have not jumped out in front of me, they just head butt the front fender and then get slung back into the door and quarter panel.I wonder why they do thi. You would think they would run away from a car not right into the side of it.I have deer whistles on my other car but not this one.
I drove to my Fathers house a couple of miles away and called the Sherriff. They did not send anyone out because the car had been moved. I hope this does not cause me issues with the insurance company since there is no police report. I didn't have a cell phone on me so I had to drive away to call. Anyone been through this before where you left the scene without calling cops? I am just sick I just got this car in August. Caved the whole door in it won't even stay shut I have to lock it.

I already filed a claim online. Insurance Company is ALL STATE
Ahh, Tod, my friend, this is what we get for living in the great state of Indiana. I live south of you and dodge deer constantly.

For the record, I used to try and hunt the critters. Seems I rarely saw a deer during deer season. Admit, almost got a few with the truck on our way to our hunting sites, LOL!! Of course now, the state has raised the cost of the license to hunt and they are preparing to shorten both the firearms and muzzleloading gun seasons, go figure.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Robert, MOVE SOUTH, in Ms. you can legally kill 16 deer per yr. on a $24.00 combo fishing and hunting lic. and they are like dogs and cats everywhere :lol:

Zip.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:29 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Todd, just remember it can always be worse. This happened last week in the small town of Waynesboro, Ga where I grew up.

Pizza Hut manager killed on roadside
The longtime manager of the Waynesboro Pizza Hut was killed as she stood on the shoulder of Highway 24 with a deputy by her side. According to a spokesperson from the Georgia State Patrol office in Sylvania, Catherine Cooper, 53, was traveling home Thursday night when her car collided with a deer near the intersection of Thompson Bridge Road.

You must be an online subscriber to view this story.

The rest of the story is a drunk driver hit her as she was talking to the deputy.

http://www.thetruecitizen.com/news/2..._roadside.html
Old 11-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

that is sad about the woman.I hope they got the drunk.

I have gotten teased abit at work about hitting this deer since I've hit 2 or 3 in the last few years. One of the guys I work with went hunting this weekend all weekend(shotgun season started the 13th). He and a friend sat out all weekend and never saw a deer, then on the way home hit one with their truck. :lol:

That sounds made up to me but he says it's true. If so that's too funny.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default almost hitting deer!

Originally Posted by Tod74
that is sad about the woman.I hope they got the drunk.

I have gotten teased abit at work about hitting this deer since I've hit 2 or 3 in the last few years. One of the guys I work with went hunting this weekend all weekend(shotgun season started the 13th). He and a friend sat out all weekend and never saw a deer, then on the way home hit one with their truck. :lol:

That sounds made up to me but he says it's true. If so that's too funny.
I'd say in our neck of that woods, that's pretty true. A friend of mine that used to hunt with me was talking about this the other day at work. We commented on how many times we'd sat in the woods for hours and neither saw nor heard anything. Same story as yours, almost hit deer as we either arrived at or were leaving our hunting spots.

I've lived down here in Brown County for 15 years now. My wife has hit deer with both our old and the current Blazer I drive. I've just been damn lucky that I haven't hit one!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I get my 300 back tomorrow afternoon. I'm afraid to drive around here this time of year.