jordans performance/south carolina

Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

As you can see, the two posts above have the dyno results. If you look a few posts above that you can see the Naylor invoice that clearly states 1100+ hp and you can clearly see on the dyno sheet it made a best of 947 hp. So you know if this engine from Naylor that was supposed to make 1100+ hp did not come close to making 1000 hp the smaller engines they advertise in their ads will not come as close as the 632 cu in engine did. What would you call this - scam, fraud, false advertising or internet rip off?? It sure isn't fair business practice!! If someone advertises 1000 hp or 1100 hp, they should deliver. I am planing to make another post so hopefully Racing Junk will turn their attention to them. It looks like I am out my money but hopefully something can be done to stop others from paying for something they don't get.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I've been following along a bit .. A few thoughts
1. I can clearly see on the dyno sheet that wasn't a full pull, and it well be well into the 1050 area once it was pulled to the rpm these engines actually make power 7600 rpm area.

2. Its a dyno, if he wanted to make it say 900 or make it say 1200 .. its easy to do, so basing buying a engine off of dyno power is silly, you buy a engine based on the parts you put together. The parts you have there easily will make 950 real power all day. I ran that head out of box on a 548 ci engine and made 967hp with it, you have the parts to make good power.

3. Whats this thing run in a car and at what weight ... that's the true dyno IMO Of course, you have to get everything right to go along with this.

I am not saying you shouldn't be upset, but I am saying if you wanted 1100hp its easy to make a dyno say that, clearly this wasn't what the engine builder was after. With the parts and price you got, it was a steal IMO
Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

hammertime,Sorry the print is so small,I did not know how to enlarge it,but they are full pulls when a engine starts to drop horse-power there is no need to keep going higher on the RPM. After 6400 RPM the engine started losing Horse-Power. I'm like you I think it should have kept making hp till @ least 7200-7400 RPM but it would not,those are the best pulls out of the 10 that was made,we did turn it up to 7,000 RPM's to see if it would start to pick the hp back up and it did not. And I also agree with you a 565 should be in the 950 hp range.If it would have made in the 1,050-1,075 hp range it would not have been made the horse-power I wanted or what Naylor said it would make,and that would have not been so bad.Heck I would have chalked it up to no dyno is going to be the same,but 153 hp less and a engine that like you said should make hp up to the mid 7,000 RPM but starts losing hp after 6400 RPM.The intake had to come off because it was not getting oil to the rockers & the intake ports looked like the exhaust ports they had not been touched,it appears they just put the engine together with very little-no machine work.
Would anyone else on here be happy if the 1100+hp engine they paid Naylor to build(I told him I wanted a engine that would make 1100+hp and he choose the parts and give me a quote for what he would build it for,I did not ask or try to get him to lower the price paid him what he asked)and it only made 947 hp?Would any other Honest engine builder have made it right? I will buy into the fact anyone can make a mistake,but if they do shouldn't they make it right? Well I would have thought Naylor(ProAction Heads)would have also,"BUT THEY DID NOT"!

PS I made a mistake after we got a base line on the tune up we turned it to 7400 not 7000 and it lost 19 hp.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:46 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Maybe I missed it, but what caused you to take a new motor that the builder gave you a dyno sheet on and take it to the dyno your self or to start pulling the motor apart? Did you make any runs on the motor?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

The agreement made with Jimmy Naylor on the engine build when completed he would have it on the dyno so I could watch the dyno pulls. He also told me the engine would be ready in 5-6 weeks Max, so after 12 weeks of getting the run around from Tom, the parts man, I went up to Naylor's shop. Tom, the parts man, and one young guy(looked to be 18-20 years old) were the only ones there, Jimmy was gone for the weekend, but if I would wait til 11:30-12:00 when the two engine builders come in their normal time, I could talk to them. When they got there I ask them did they dyno many engines(I had already seen the outdated dyno looked like it had not been run in months), they told me in the time they had been there they had not dynoed any engines due to the fact the water brake was messed up on the dyno. This was on a Friday, when I called back on Monday & talked with Jimmy & asked him about the dyno he said his helpers did not know what they were talking about & I did not need to worry about it because he was going to dyno it for free(if you will notice above the agreement was it would be on the dyno when I was suppose to pick the engine up) but now he was not going to dyno it at all. My answering machine accidentally recorded this conversation and I still have it. So I had no choice but to take it to someone else to dyno it. I took it to one of the best in the Southeast, he nothing to gain or lose on the dyno results. As for taking the engine apart, it was not getting any oil up to the rocker arms, this had to be fixed. If that was not bad enough instead of using the correct thickness intake manifold gasket, they used two and one had slipped leaking water down into the intake galley into the engine. What might have been a good deal turned into a nightmare.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by mrmopar622
I don't know about them,but you don't want to do any business with Naylor Racing engines in Dalzell SC. that have the big ad on here 565,582,600 cu in engines that make a 1000+hp for $10,500.Well I brought a 632 cu in engine from them on the invoice & were I paid the Bill its says 1100+ hp and I paid more for this than the 600 cu in engine to get more than 1,000+ hp,well this 632 cu in engine that cost more & I am sure makes more hp than the 600 cu in engines he offers would not make 950 hp I have the invoice & the the dyno sheets to prove this.After getting a notice from RJ to beware of another scammer on here I reported Naylor racing engines to them.I have not heard anything back from them yet.
Please post invoice and dyno sheets so we can look at them.
Cover up your address, but I do want to see that it came from the shop you stated and a detailed list of parts on invoice.

Originally Posted by proactionheads
Have you hear that you cant please every one well no one can please mrmopar he is not all there. He had Naylor build him a 632 with dart 400m and a dart tunnel ram intake heads for $11500..00 .He said that he could not afford good heads on a 632 so jimmy set him up with dart 400m heads and intake to help then he would fully port heads at NO CHARGE to help him if would let the shop work the heads in between jobs so he could do them for free.It took dart 4 weeks to get heads to them the work started after 2 more weeks cambers we done and v.j, the heads no work from dart.After 7-8 weeks he started to act crazy so he demands his engine by week 9 heads finish or not, so they offer him the short block and keep top end, he wants engine done. Heads not done all the way they will not make the right power.He made that choice and they could not dyno all his parts for the engine to run were MOPAR PARTS THEY WONT FIT A BBC.As for the shop its has 2 honing machines CV-16-SERDI-SUPER FLOW ALOT - HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 23 YEARS AND BUILDS LOW 4.00 OR BETTER PRO MOD TO SREET,STRIP. SO ITS SORRY ONE BAD APPLE HAS TO WRITE SOME THING BAD ABOUT THEM.
Thanks for posting. There are 2 sides to every story. Now that we have some replies from both parties lets figure this out.
Curious if proactionheads wants to say anything now that all the info from the customer has been laid out.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE

Originally Posted by shawnp

Curious if proactionheads wants to say anything now that all the info from the customer has been laid out.
I have several messages through RJ and email from both parties about this that I haven't posted. I don't see any reason pro action wouldn't want me to post the emails sent to me, but let me see if he wants to add to this for himself before I do that.

I haven't replied back to either much, but both guys have been very nice to me and have thanked me for posted what little I have about this.

By the info I have I can see the issues they have. Somewhere in this is some conversation(s) / communication that I'm missing and that's the piece of the puzzle I need to find out. I just haven't had much time to do it.

I do feel pretty sure that this could be resolved and both guys
happy with the results. JMO!