Oneida,Tn

Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 AM
BooTaylor
SHOW GUEST

Default Oneida,Tn

To all you car buyers(especially those interested in Willys cars)STAY AWAY FROM THE GUY IN ONEIDA,TN-BOUGHT A CAR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM HIM AND LOST SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS IN THE TRANSACTION-he has yet to make good on his promises to reimburse me for my loss
Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry for your negative experience. You need to take this to the Spammers and Scammers section please.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

This is the scammers section.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:09 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Oneida,Tn

Originally Posted by BooTaylor
To all you car buyers(especially those interested in Willys cars)STAY AWAY FROM THE GUY IN ONEIDA,TN-BOUGHT A CAR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM HIM AND LOST SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS IN THE TRANSACTION-he has yet to make good on his promises to reimburse me for my loss
Did you buy it from an add on RJ?
How did you loose several thousand (of) dollars in the transaction?
What was his promise to reimburse you?

It took several years for you to post this? More info needed please.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Amen. Facts... dates... names... commitments...
Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

If I am not mistaken, Creative Glas Works (yes, that's the spelling) had a very poor BBB rating and have been sued numerious times. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought they went out of business many years ago, not..... "BOUGHT A CAR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM HIM "
Old 09-17-2011, 05:17 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

STAY AWAY FROM THE GUY IN ONEIDA,TN

Oneida is a town in Scott County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 3615 at the 2000 census.

A lot more specific please.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:25 AM
BooTaylor
SHOW GUEST

Default To Rabbit

The car I was promised was supposed to be a roller-powdercoated frame-several things like radiator-fuel cell,etc were supposed to be included-car was promised to be ready in 6 mos-took over a year-Finally I just went and got what I could and left-his promise was I'll reimburse you when I can-HE was supposed to be bankrupt and going out of business-HE IS STILL IN BUSINESS .Consulted a lawyer-told me it would cost me more to get my money back than I was owed.Just trying to warn others about my situation and yes I found him on RJ.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:42 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: To Rabbit

Originally Posted by BooTaylor
The car I was promised was supposed to be a roller-powdercoated frame-several things like radiator-fuel cell,etc were supposed to be included-car was promised to be ready in 6 mos-took over a year-Finally I just went and got what I could and left-his promise was I'll reimburse you when I can-HE was supposed to be bankrupt and going out of business-HE IS STILL IN BUSINESS .Consulted a lawyer-told me it would cost me more to get my money back than I was owed.Just trying to warn others about my situation and yes I found him on RJ.
This sounds fimilar.

By no means am I saying it's right, but 90% of the time it takes way longer to build a motor or a car (from scratch. A rebuild is usually not as labor involved) than somebody tells you. I've dealt with that from the best engine builder in my area before. Pissed me off, but the guy did build me a top notch motor.
The otherthing is he only told you he would pay you back "when he could". When he can may be 5 years from now.
You should go back to him and set up an amount of time he is to pay you back and how much he actually owes you.
Does he do quality work? What do his other customers say about him?

What I'm getting at is it takes a long time to build a car and it takes a long time to get your labor out of a long project. Many small shops will bring in work and start something then bring in more work then thry are trying to turn the fastest dollar they can to pay the bills.
Again I'm not saying it's right, but it happens and it doesn't mean somebody is a scammer.

I have to know both sides of the story before I can call him a scammer.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:12 AM
BooTaylor
SHOW GUEST

Default Rabbit

I didn't get a motor built-just the body and frame-When I went to pick my car up he had 2 cars sitting in his garage complete without motor and interior plus two bodies sitting on jack stands-he still sells on ebay and on here.He is not going to reimburse me the money he owes me.Do you think I,ve not tried to cut a deal with him.Have you done business with him before.Your right YOU don't know because your not the one that got screwed.Am I pissed about it Yes I am-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -